What Are You Waiting For?

>> Thursday, July 31, 2008

Yesterday went by quite fast and I don't really have much to say so I thought I'd skip it, sorry. Actually, that's not entirely true. A subject came up in 2 podcasts and a lunch with a colleague and I thought I would write something about that, but it could be a bit offensive and I thought it wasn't such a great idea, so I scratched that. It's about lesbianism and obesity, maybe I'll leave it for some other day.

Work has been unusually busy lately, maybe because I know I'm leaving soon and I want to get as much done before I leave as possible. And maybe because my boss knows I'm leaving soon, so he's thinking the same way. I've also networked quite a bit lately, telling friends my situation and some offered to take my resume and give it to someone else they know or in the company they are working at. So far my resume is in two major pharmaceuticals, a start up IT firm and I have a friend who works at UPenn that offers help. I was really depressed last weekend, but after communicating with some friends I feel a lot better, some even gave me a pep talk. I have a lot of nervous energy, but I'm still not doing as much as fast as I can.

DC sent me some listing at his Pharmaceuticals, ES is interviewing at World Bank down in Washington, DC and sent me some links, I emailed myself some posting I found and I really need to go through everything and send my resume and application out the sooner the better, but I don't know why I'm putting them off. Cut to Gwen Stefani...



Amidst all this, I got a belated birthday card from Medic Guy which I totally didn't expect. Along with the card, there is a long letter lamenting how we have broken up and how he still don't know why. His life has gone for the worst because he's not getting along with his family and he'll be moving down to DC in a few weeks and wish that I was going with him. Could he be one of the Philadelphians reading this blog? If he is, he should know why we have broken up. I'm also a little disheartened by the fact that the reason we couldn't see each other as much back then was because he had to take care of his grandmother and now he's leaving her to his 'irresponsible' family.

I couldn't say that I'm not tempted by the aspect of starting anew somewhere else, but definitely not with an ex, it would be too complicated. And it would be hard to strive in a new city where I know no one and don't know where everything is. Well that's not entirely true either, ES and her family is in DC and I do know a few bloggers. (Sue, are you gonna spank me for not going to DC pride now?) The time required for me to find a new job in a new city would be a lot longer, it'll be okay if I have a lot of savings, but I don't. Although a new dating pool combine with my new attitude might work wonders.

I think Heather Headley's "In My Mind" said it best when it comes to old flames and crushes: "They say if you love something you've got to let it go, and if it comes back then it means so much more. But if it never does, at least you will know that it was something you had to go through to grow." That's what I think about Lucius anyway.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP