Happy Birthday, Lucius!

>> Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I don't know why I'm so excited as I probably shouldn't be, after all we're just friends. Although he didn't think I know it's his birthday, he had made plans to spend tonight with me. Since I offered to help him to move his sofa and I found his house keys, he had offered to buy me dinner and drinks. But I'll show up with flowers and take him out for dinner instead.

I don't really know what to get him, I've always been an overgifter. It is quite a delicate situation, since we're just friends and Lucius is a practical person and he pretty much has everything he needs. I couldn't find any good sports tickets and what do I know about sports ticket anyway, I don't think he's interested in Broadway shows and Cirque du Soleil had come and gone. Throw pillow for his new couch would be too imposing. A watch would be too much? So I'm still settling for a bouquet of flowers and dinner. I keep on thinking what I would want if it was my birthday but I couldn't come up with anything.

I passed by a flower shop the other day and saw a very exotic looking blue flower and when I passed by again yesterday, they were already all gone. I asked the owner and he didn't know what I was referring to, that makes me wonder if they were purple or pink... Color blindness is bad especially for the gays. It was like an overgrown dandelion with blue stems before it's blown. The blue stems are probably flowers that haven't bloom yet. I think the starry ball shape will be nice with a small aluminum balloon saying happy birthday. Lucius might not be a flower person anyway, but I guess it's the thought that counts. In order not to make a scene in the restaurant, I might just bring my own candle and lighter to put on whatever dessert we order.

Um, should sex come before or after the meal? lol.


I don't know if this was it, but it looked very much like it.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP