Attitude Adjustment

>> Friday, July 25, 2008

Randy Pausch passed away today. It is quite sad really, I really quite enjoyed his inspiring lectures and I even bought his book and read it in two days. (Medic Guy got it in the "settlement" along with my much loved Keith Haring hoodie sweats.) To think, a man who is dying from pancreatic cancer still be able to laugh and joke around and inspire others. What have I done and what am I doing with my life?



In this period of time I feel like I have to reevaluate every aspects of my life. In the love front, there's little to nothing. In the job front, I'm losing what I have. It is a problem that I have to recognize. I need to readjust my attitude and throw myself out there. Meet new people, make new friends, find a new job. Maybe I've been in my shell for too long, maybe I've been scared of being rejected and haven't tried my hardest to make something of myself, but it has to change.

Stumbled across these people who promote themselves as Life Coaches for Gay Men, I always thought I needed a life coach/psychiatrist. They offer conseling sessions but more importantly and accessible are the articles they write: Free Yourself From Fear, Believe in Yourself and other self-help gems. Maybe ultimately I can recognize my current situation as an opportunity for me to grow and change but it is essential for me to find something real soon.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP