PIGLFF 2008, Part 1

>> Sunday, July 13, 2008

In 24 hours, I managed to see 3 movies from this year's Philadelphia International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival (PIGLFF). After going to the movies, I realized that I do like this festival a lot better than I like Pride, there are a lot more substance in the films. Make us laugh, make us cry, right?

This year's PIGLFF trailer is really confusing. It's just a film roll on a little table while in the background there are quotes from some famous gay film playing (I assume) and then all the sudden the film roll caught on fire and fell down. It's a big WTF. Nobody knows what it signifies, are we burning gay films like those burning crosses?

I also saw one of my doppelgangers in the city. He hosts the event every year and I found out that his name is Lewis Tice, you can go online and check his mug out on Yahoo Images or his LinkedIn account and see if you can tell the resemblance. I find him looking very much like me and I'm me, so there has got to be some resemblance, no? Maybe I'll get the courage to ask him to pose for a pic with me, then I can post it on here.

I'm gonna post some reviews soon, but before I go for another two this afternoon there are two announcements.

1. SV from the Gay Luck Club and his LoveGAM website is giving out 2 new iPhones during their sponsored movie Bangkok Love Story tonight at 7:00pm, so if you want an iPhone, go to the movies and see if you can get lucky. Hint: There's something to do with where you sit.

2. I thought I was going to see On The Other Hand, Death but it turns out I'm going to see another one called Dog Tags:



It's a story about coming out in the marines, don't ask don't tell and homophobia. It's probably not going to be a happy movie, but they did tell us to go out of our comfort zones once in a while. Maybe it's compelling and it did fit my schedule.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP