Headphones

>> Tuesday, July 22, 2008



I'm in desperate need to get to an apple store to replace my headphones. The ones I'm using for my iPod has deteriorated again and now even I turned my iPod all the way up to full volume, I can only barely hear it. It is bugging the hell out of me. (did I buy an extra pair last time when I was there?) It's also infuriating that they charge me $30 for something that breaks every few months. I remember a time when good headphones only costs about $20 and last you a year or two. Steve Jobs is utilizing planned obsolescence to its core, he even made other colors inferior. I know it's stupid, but I have to have white headphones now.

I don't know how I got more particular for the things I have to have as I'm getting older. I don't like big head phones that covers my ears and squeezing my head. I don't like those earphones with a bud that stick too deep inside my ears, that's reserved for my boyfriend's tongue or my own finger, thank you. All I need is those simple earphones you see in the picture. I went to a music store and saw some imitation brand who's selling them for $3 a pair but the difference in quality is really obvious.

The apple store actually stopped selling the ones I like for a while, because they came out with all these other weird headphones that costs a lot more, a hook around the ear, the uncomfortable ones that penetrates deeper down and hurt my ears, the ones that hang around your neck. The range from $40 to $450 just for a pair of headphones. But later they figured that they can market them a lot more than they're worth anyway, or maybe people complained so they decided to sell them for $30. It is actually quite ridiculous but what can I do, I've already turned into an audiophile. I'm should look into the Chinese bootleg market and see if they have any good quality headphones, being so close to Japan, I bet they'll have plenty.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP