The Ship Has Sunk

>> Tuesday, July 22, 2008



All is not well in YvesPaulland, I just got news that I will be out of a job in 6 weeks. The funding that supports my position did not come through and although my executive director have known this for a while, he was too busy to tell me and he finally did after I ask him about it. I wonder when he was going to tell me if I haven't asked.

The economy is to blame, and so is the mismanagement, and then there's me who coasted for so long when I should have left way before. Needless to say I'm terrified, I'm also depressed that nothing seems to be going right in my life. It feels easier just to give up but I must remain positive. There's still time for me to find another job, in fact I just applied for one that sounds perfect for me at UPenn. Great benefits, especially when I can take courses for free if I get hired by them. Now they just have to move fast and like me enough to hire me.

At least I don't have time to obsess about Lucius anymore, although I saw him out there the other day and he insisted on buying me dinner tonight but I know now that he's not interested. I really need to limit my spending now that I might not have any income, maybe find a job waiting tables in Chinatown. My savings will only last me for a few months. The timing would be better after Obama get the presidency, at least people would feel a lot more hopeful. I'm gonna take the next few days off work to regain my sanity, after all I have tons of sick leave and vacation left, I might as well use them up. Think. Positive.

Wish me luck.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP