Noisy Neighbor

>> Friday, May 30, 2008



A few months ago, Calico Guy and I went out for a drink. After a few drinks, Calico Guy came back to my place and we watched YouTube. That was before the whole Medic Guy thing came to play. Well, Calico Guy is a big fan of Mariah Carey and he was looking for her videos to sing to and he was totally drunk. We did that a couple of nights before that at his place and I almost lost my voice, but then my place is different, the walls are especially thin and it was 2:00 in the morning, so I told him it wouldn't be good for the neighbors. But then he found a rare Mariah Carey song and he wants to dance with me, soon enough someone was knocking on my door.

I wasn't wearing a t-shirt, so I half opened my door and saw this angry guy at the door yelling and screaming at me to tune my computer down. I was apologetic at first and told him that we were ready to go to bed. But he was a bit of an asshole asking me if I know what time it is and everybody in the building can hear me, which is a lie. I asked him where he lives because 1) I was wondering if he lives above me since part of the ceiling had failed down during X'mas, maybe that's where the noise travels to and 2) The people who lives above me at times stay up til 4 in the morning spoke and laughed loudly or watching Justin Timberlake's Dick in the Box and I have never complained. He said it was none of my business and he had patients to see in the morning. Well, I complied and left it at that, but in my brain I called him a coward.

Last week, I received an email on my Manhunt account from this very guy who lives upstairs. I didn't realize it was the same guy at first, but he called me neighbor and we started talking. There are actually two guys living upstairs, I was surprise to find that one of them is a successful theatrical actor while I was reading the local paper one day. I've always thought they were lovers, since they lived together and one of my benny friends swore that there were sex noises coming from their place.

So we went out for a cup of coffee one day to get to know each other a bit more. He apologized for being a jerk and I apologized for being loud. Apparently I had been the topic between him and the one living below me. (How loud was I, really?) They swore that I was straight, and the guy below said he heard me in the bathroom speaking Spanish to my girlfriend on the phone. I was speaking Spanish alright, but to my Principe. How come everyone thinks I'm straight? We also shared some woes living in the building. He told me that he works at a local gay and lesbian center and that he is currently not attached. He and the actor are exes who turned friends. He also says that he's interested in dating me, I wasn't expecting that. Recently I feel quite overwhelmed with my failed relationship with Medic Guy and I wasn't looking to jump into another relationship right away. But then he said he has brought me a gift and pulled out a bag of French Toast Twinkies from his bag.

I thought that was kinda sweet and I remember that even though he was yelling at me, but a few months ago I did think he was kinda hot with his football player's built. We agreed to take it slow, but we're gonna have a get-to-know-each-other date tonight. He's planning the whole thing and keeping it a secret. He did ask me if I had any food allergy and he said it's going to be dinner with a little activity on the side. I don't remember last time someone paid that much effort to gave me a surprise. If he brought me to the restaurant I have been dying to go and take me to see Sex and the City, I might just fall for the guy. (Did I not tell you I fall in love too easily?) Although, I'm suspecting that he might be the secret reader and I don't really think it's a good idea to date someone living so close. What if it doesn't work out? Wouldn't that be horrible to bump into him every now and then? It'll be another ex that never goes away.

According to Samantha Bee, apparently "there are a lotta sluts in Philadelphia". I hope I don't come across as a slut, but recently my activity level has been increased and I'm leaving my clothes everywhere too, but that'll have to wait for another post.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP