Bachelor Auctions, Kids and the Dancefloor

>> Sunday, May 04, 2008

Went out with my Pinoy friends. My rugby friends are having a bachelor auction for their team to raise funds for a match in Dublin, so I showed up to help out and have a good time at the same time. I have to say I never been to a bachelor auction and have no clue how it works. I'm sure they're not whoring these boys out, so what do you get? A date? A kiss? Well, they are smart enough that they presented a gift with each of these boys, so the bidders are not only bidding for a guy, but the gift accompany them; tickets to a baseball game, 4 hour-long massage coupons or a rugby jersey. I bought some raffle tickets, but I didn't bid on the bachelors. I have money ready, but I'm way too shy for them, but then I didn't really see anyone I liked and the gifts weren't that attractive either. (Am I being too much of a bitch?) Although it was kinda entertaining though, some did a little strip tease (not really.) trying to get a higher bid. The last bachelor with a three-month gym membership did a really tongue and cheek dance to Olivia Newton John's Physical in his wife beater and a bright red short shorts with a head ban and a towel around his neck, hilarious!

After the auction, my friends started dancing but I was never much of a dancer. I thought I could be a good dancer given how much I love music and I have a real sense of rhythm but I'm too shy and self-conscious. I'm way too easily embarrassed. But after they talked me into it for the nth time and pulled my arms until they hurt. I was on the dance floor. The music was good, whoever the DJ was, he/she does know what people liked. Deborah Cox's "Nobody's Supposed to be Here" is my song, lol. Everyone sang along with it, I can't help but make a big shit grin everytime I hear it. The butch dykes next to us were playing and grinding up against us, it was fun. I'm surprised how many straight people are in gay bars these days. It was almost midnight and the whole place was packed. There aren't even space on the dance floor to move anymore, so we left for another place.

12th Air Command is one of the quieter bars, somehow their popularity is not as good as the other bars but I used to go there all the time and I know some folks there. They have a outdoor patio on the top of the building and you can get a pretty good look of the city skyline from there, so we sat there and chatted for a bit until it started to rain. We went down on the dance floor level and watched people dancing. It must have been "Chicken Night". The whole floor were occupied by kids, teenager, dancing and grinding boys and girls. One kid was dropping his butt right in front of us, and one of my friend made a mistake and clapped for him, so he's grinding and dropping his ass right in front us, pulling his pants up once in a while. Apparently that trend of showing your undies haven't died yet. There was a lot of line-grinding going on, there was a good looking teenage couple dancing and kissing each other on the dance floor. There's something very pleasant about that, it's like watching my favorite gay movie of all time - Beautiful Thing.

Other than observing their dance skills as if I can imitate them for my own use, I'm also looking at the fashion trend. I'm getting old and out of touch. I would imagine if anyone would know how to dress is kids. Although Philadelphia is on the poor side but the kids still have their gears on. Some are doing golf club chick; trucker hat, polos and three quarter length shorts and white sneakers. Some dressed like schoolboys with sweater vest, a shirt and a thin tie. Most kids are wearing t-shirt/wife-beater with jeans shorts/baggy jeans with their jeans halfway down their asses. Although one latino looking kid really caught my eye, black shirt unbuttoned leaving his torso exposed. Clothing aside I find him really attractive, he looks like he could be 16, he's tall but his muscles are underdeveloped but well defined. Not the type that I usually go for, but good to look at nonetheless. He's dancing without a care, and he knows he's the shit too. I keep repeating "statutory rape" to myself and walked away. I swear Rihanna's "Please Don't Stop The Music" is still playing everywhere.

Had a good night.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP