Weekend Meme: School Years Meme

>> Saturday, March 14, 2009


My old high school emblem

It's hard to find some meaningful or fun memes to do especially when this is the 50th meme I've done, so the picking is getting slim. I'm thinking thought that it might be fun to start a story, write two paragraphs of it and tag another blogo-friend to write the next two. At the end, if it turns out to be good we can even have it published.

This Meme below is picked from my little cousin's Facebook page. We were born on the very same day but he's 15 years my junior. It's about student life. There are 35 items, bold the ones you've done during your school years. There are some items about technologies that didn't exist yet during my school years, so I can't claim that I've done them before but then I was a bit of a wild child and I had, still have, problems with authorities... At the end, you are supposed to calculate the percentage and say I've screwed up X% of my school life but I told my cousin that it's not accurate, despite every parents wish for their child to be perfect, being rebellious doesn't mean you screwed up, it means you're not a robot and to me it is a good thing. So enjoy!

1. Gotten detention
2. Gotten your phone taken away in class - We didn't have phones back then
3. Gotten suspended
4. Gotten caught chewing gum - Who get caught for eating?
5. Gotten caught cheating on a test - I'm no novice
6. Arrived late to class more than 5 times
7. Didn’t do homework over 5 times - We used to have 10 or more assignments each night.
8. Turned at least 3 projects in late
9. Missed school cause you felt like it
10. Laughed so loud you got kicked out of class
11. Got your mom/dad etc. to get you out of school
12. Texted people during class - Texting weren't available or else I would have done it.
13. Passed notes
14. Threw stuff across the room
15. Laughed at the teacher
16. Pulled Down The Fire Alarm - I don't believe we had fire alarms.
17. Went on Myspace, Facebook, Xanga, etc. on the computer at school - Those sites didn't exist back then. Nor does the internet.
18. Took pictures during school hours - only for the yearbook.
19. Called someone during school hours - for my folks to take me out of school or because my teacher demanded to talk to my family.
20. Listened to an iPod, CD, etc... during class - No.
21. Threw something at the teacher - If I did it would have been unintentional
22. Went outside the classroom without permission
23. Broke the dress code
24. Failed a class test
25. Ate food during class
26. Gotten a call from school
27. Couldn’t go on a field trip cause you behaved badly
28. Didn’t take your stuff to school
29. Gotten a detention and didn't go
30. Stuck up your middle finger at a teacher when they were not looking - I wasn't that bad
31. Cursed during class loud enough so the teacher could hear
32. Faked your parents signature
33. Slept in class
34. Cursed at a teacher to their face - funny story...
35. Copied homework

20/35... 57%. I didn't do too bad, right? Oh and it's Pi day today, I had my eye on a slice of banana cream for weeks, maybe I'd just go have a slice today. It'd break my diet but whatever. Have a good weekend!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP