The Pie Post

>> Sunday, March 15, 2009

Life in Spiral, Body Betrays
Death is but a time

Was that too gloom? Sorry. Just being a little dramatic. After some research online, it seems that what is happening to my feet (pie in Spanish) could be heel spur, plantar fasciitis or tarsal tunnel syndrome which are all pretty troublesome. I could be feeling like this for a long time. Should I wish for a broken bone, so at least it's something that can be fixed? I keep hoping that it's a sprayed ankle but I guess it's not meant to be.

It hadn't really crippled me (haha, cripple), I'm still kinda going around town. I've been craving for a piece of Banana Cream pie from a pastry shop called Pink Rose for the longest time, so despite my diet I walked to the shop, slowly, and got myself a slice on Pi day. My heel kills me, but it was well worth it. I also went to dim sum with some friends, I'm having carbs so might as well? Some of them haven't seen me for months and they did notice my weight loss, so it stroked my vanity. My walking speed had already been cut in half, I kinda understand what it feels like to be handicapped. These experiments had taught me that it's really not a good idea for me to walk more than 10 blocks. Actually I've decided to stick to a 3 blocks radius until I see a doctor and feel better, good thing that will include 2 supermarkets, 2 video stores, 2 hospitals, 2 pharmacies and 3 gay bars. That's pretty much everything I need.


Pink Rose Pastry's Banana Cream Pie - Ultra-Awesome!

I thought losing weight would ease up the stress on my feet, or maybe my inactivity made me lose muscles so my legs get weaker? A friend joked that it's because I'm getting old. Isn't it too early for that? I'd be devastated if that's how I'm gonna walk for the rest of my life. I'm so gonna make an appointment with a podiatrist first thing tomorrow morning.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP