TV Review: Kyle XY

>> Wednesday, March 18, 2009



On Monday, I spent 8 hours in front of the TV watching the Kyle XY marathon. It was built up as the series finale that night and I haven't been watching the show for a while. I always liked watching marathons, just like I always like to wait until a series of books to be finished before reading the whole thing. That way i don't have to wait or left hanging.

I first started watching the show when a friend told me about it. I think I got into it halfway through first season. It's on ABC Family and their target audience seems to be teenagers, but the story seems to be intriguing and I always like guys with superpowers and special effects. So it got me hooked.

Kyle is like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Twins, he's a genetically engineered super baby who lived in a pod (hence the no belly button thing) for his first 16 years. Like John Travolta in Phenomenon, Kyle has a very high IQ and can absorb information on books in mere seconds and inexplicably (Mostly because it cannot be unexplainable) he can jump a far distance or hear from afar and like Jean Grey, he's telepathic and telekinetic.

But of course, Kyle's (Matt Dallas) good looks got to me too, even though I feel like a chicken hawk to admire his looks (Others that makes me feel that way would be Brody Jenner and Jesse Metcalfe, it's good that they turned out to be jerkoffs.) It's a good thing that Bruce Thomas playing Kyle's dad is also quite hunky looking.

The thing that really bites is that the very last episode ended with a cliffhanger. WTF? I hate it when a series ends abruptly and no one thought of filming one very last episode to end the series properly. It's like a slap in the face. Maybe the problem is that they put the show on Monday, in the exact time slot of Heroes, another supernatural shows or maybe the network didn't continue the series for dwindling viewership but it seems overtly irresponsible to leave your viewers hanging. They did it with HBO's Rome, Carnivale, their famous Sopranos finale, and Swingtown was somewhat like that. It's really not that hard to add an episode and end it properly. Have Kyle kill himself, then his loved ones will not be in danger. It just infuriates when they pull a fast one on their viewers.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP