Just Like Me

>> Friday, August 08, 2008



Following my Doppelganger post I did 2 years ago, I finally got in touch with Lewis on some gay dating site. I sent out a friendly message saying that I've seen him around the Gay and Lesbian film festival and I always wanted to say hi, and that I thought we looked very much alike. He replied back a few days later saying that he has seen me out there a few times as well and that he too thinks that we look a bit a like. So I shoot one back saying that I would say hi if I see him out there.

I also met another person on a chat site who's born on the exactly same year, same day and down to the same hour as I am. (Even though we were born in two different time zones.) I was very intrigued, it's not usual that you find someone who was born at the same date and time as you, unless you're one of a set of twins. There are so many beliefs that says you have the same luck and same behavior and if not for anything else, you had the same amount of time to grow.

From what I gathered, he's gay, white, a musician/hotel concierge, a bit chubby and hairy, from PA and lives in Philly now. What's the odd of that? Since I like music that much, I could have been a musician, I couldn't have been white or from PA, but our lives are surprisingly similar. I've tried to invite the guy for dinner so we could chat in deeper length, but his hotel job doesn't allow him to go out late, so we'll have to wait until he has some time off. It'll be nice to have someone who was born exactly the same day as me as a friend.

On the superstitious end, today is 08/08/2008 and us Chinese love the number 8 because it sounds like the Chinese word for prosperity. It is part of the reason why the opening of the Olympics is starting on 08/08/2008 8:08pm. Also, I suspect a lot of Asians will storm the city halls to get married. Like a pair of my rare straight Mahjong friends are going to register this early morning. The three 8s don't happen that much, I wonder if they should have lined up the night before. Well, congrats to A&Y!

Have fun watching the Olympics.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP