The Dream That Broke My Fever

>> Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Last night I dreamt that my brother, my mother and I were escaping from some sort of dark force and some guy discovered our identity and blackmailed my mother. Strange, because I don't have a brother and my mom died a long time ago. It could have been the codeine speaking and it could be because I was watching True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet on Lifetime.

In my dream, I was strangling the person who blackmailed us, trying to throw him in front of a train but missed. It felt real and I think I was calculating how to block the air of the person and I hanged on until the person passed out until my conscience gave mercy and I realized that I could never kill anyone. When I woke up, both my hands were asleep; one was under my head and the other one was between my knees.



So I decided that I feel well enough to go to work today and at the same time I have too much vacation on my hand that even this is my last day of work they will still owe me a week worth of pay. After digging through an employee handbook for my right, I find out that they actually owe me 6 months worth of severance. It's true that my boss told me that the company has no money left (while he's vacationing in Mexico), I wonder if I should pursue any legal action just to get what I'm due. From another colleague, I heard that the reason I'm not getting my vacation reimbursed is because he wants to pay my former boss, or his lover, to come in and act as a consultant. My current boss has been doing that for the past year but my former boss hasn't done squat to earn his keep.

I, as a believer of karma and brought up by the conservative Chinese culture, will believe that nothing good comes from law suits. All this fighting won't get me a new job or a good reference. Like strangling my blackmailer, I probably wouldn't have the gore to see it through. At the same time, I can't stand the thought of being taken advantage of in such high degree without making a sound, just because I'm nice and easy going doesn't mean you can step all over me. So I'm gonna seek legal aids and see what that will bring. I can surely use the money now that I'm going to be unemployed. Just because my boss thinks that the money will be better utilized by his lover doesn't mean that I should suffer for it. I wouldn't want to bring down the company with me, but more and more I think that it might be better if I do. It wouldn't have resorted to this if they have been more considerate.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP