Stuff That This Asian Do Not Like

>> Sunday, August 03, 2008

Just ranting here but I'm starting to be slightly offended by a site on my blogroll called Stuff Asian People Like. It's all fun and good when you were using stereotypes to poke fun at Asian Americans, some of the things they mentioned do have some nostalgic values. Yes, my uncle did use a plastic cover for our leather couch and it's extremely uncomfortable in summer when we're all sweating while siiting on it. Yes, when Asian folks go on vacation, we don't necessarily go to have a great time, we go so that we can take tons of pictures, so we can brag to our family and friends and SAY that we had a great time. But after a certain point it because slightly offensive. Topics like Child Labor and Arranged Marriage can't really claim to be what Asian people like. If given a choice, I doubt that people actually would like that, it's like saying Asian people like the bird flu; just because it happens in Asia doesn't mean that we like it. The T-shirt they sell, featuring one person with a rice paddy hat is kinda bad as well. Maybe they are running out of ideas, or maybe they are testing a new writer out, but I'm getting a little irked. I even find Topic like Magosteen is a bit obscure and only reflect the opinion of a very small percentage of Asians. I guess it is hard to find a common thread to reflect the views of all Asians, and they have found almost 100 things so kudos. I just hope their next topic won't be things like Communism, the Black Organ Markets, Pollution and the Triads. If any of those things come out, I'll have to delete them from my blogroll.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP