Weekend Meme: Omnivore's 100 Meme

>> Sunday, August 24, 2008



I stole this one from Meme Central - My 2 Cents again. In the rate that the interesting meme are posted over there, I could do them once a week for years, so I thought I'd double it up this week. At the dawn of my diet, starting Monday, I thought I'd just review the food that I've eaten. I mean can I not be open to different food and get to my size? Right!

This meme is originated from Andrew at Very Good Taste, you can find links to the food items at his site and here are the rules:

1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.

The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:

1. Venison
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare - I don't think I'll ever have that again though.
5. Crocodile
6. Black pudding
- Depends... I still like certain Korean and Argentinean blood sausages.
7. Cheese fondue
8. Carp
9. Borscht
- This comes as the set soup of every prix fixe meals in Hong Kong style steakhouses.
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari
12. Pho
- Love, MSG and all it's glory. Even though I can't breath afterwards but I'd still woof it down.
13. PB&J sandwich - Had it but I don't get it.
14. Aloo gobi - How can you find a husband if you can't make a good aloo gobi?
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses
17. Black truffle - not the whole thing, you know how expensive these things are?
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
- I think that was my second ice cream flavor ever, my first is coconut.
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
- Extremely high in cholesterol but I still love.
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese

26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters
29. Baklava

30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl

33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut
35. Root beer float

36. Cognac with a fat cigar - At least not the cigar part.
37. Clotted cream tea - I've had high tea a few times, but I've never checked whether the cream was clotted.
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
39. Gumbo
40. Oxtail
- Love Oxtail, it's a very British thing I think. We grew up eating oxtail stew with potatoes and carrots, in fact I think that will be my last meal before my diet.
41. Curried goat - I might have, but I don't quite remember.
42. Whole insects - Knowing the Chinese restaurants and my grandma, I'm sure I have had a few small ones without me noticing.
43. Phall
44. Goat’s milk - Might have, but I don't quite remember.
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
46. Fugu
47. Chicken tikka masala
- Pure heaven!
48. Eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
- My mom loves it with alcohol, I arbor these. Tasted like shit!
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi
53. Abalone
- The Chinese love these and see it as one of the banquet food just like shark fins, but it's not that impressive for me.
54. Paneer
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal

56. Spaetzle
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV - How would you know it's above 8% ABV? I'm clueless when it comes to beer.
59. Poutine - I would love to try this one.
60. Carob chips
61. S’mores
62. Sweetbreads

63. Kaolin
64. Currywurst
65. Durian
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
- Let's try changing the 'or' to an 'and'.
68. Haggis
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini
- Not together, I don't think.
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill - Now this is just wrong, you're not naming a particular animal, but a way they died. So it's a lifestyle that you're asking and not a taste. Unless you count roadkill as a way of cooking.
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
- I've got to have ate one before, right?
78. Snail - I caught them myself at my uncle's ranch in south of France and my aunt baked it for us.
79. Lapsang souchong
80. Bellini
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
83. Pocky

84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef - I bought them a few times at Mitsuwa in Edgewater, NJ. It's a lot sweeter and tenderer. I liked it, but not enough to pay that much in a regular basis.
86. Hare - Not prefered food, for I do like my bunny rabbits.
87. Goulash
88. Flowers
89. Horse
- It's yummy as satay on a stick.
90. Criollo chocolate - I've got to have had some, right? I'm not sure though.
91. Spam
92. Soft shell crab

93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox

97. Lobster Thermidor - I think it's popularized in Asia, we called it cheese baked lobster but I'm not sure.
98. Polenta
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
- I didn't know how to appreciate it. I do love my cream and sugar.
100. Snake - Snake banquets are quite common in Hong Kong, although I'm so scared of snakes that I couldn't sit still in one of these banquets. I was afraid that the snakes might gone loose.

I think I did pretty good, 75/100 and I'm only reluctant about 2 out of the remaining 25. How about you?

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP