Are You Gonna Go My Way?

>> Monday, August 11, 2008

Yesterday I attended a very lovely BBQ to celbrate A&Y's wedding. Their banquet is not until the end of this month but they did register on the 8th, and they wanted to get their friends together beforehand. There were chicken wings, chicken chops, chicken kidneys (believe me they were D-lish), pork ribs, pork chops, turkey sausages, steak, fish balls, corns, soup, fruit salad, cheese cakes, fruit tarts and strawberry shortcakes. The more I get together with Y, the more impressed I am with her cooking skills, well, also her ability to drink. She couldn't weight more than 120 lbs, but she can drink any guy under the table. She must have gotten some enzymes that the average Asian doesn't have.

During the planning of the BBQ, she said she'll get about 80 lbs of meat. There'll be 20 of us attending and she was really confident that each of us can eat around 4 lbs. 4 lbs of meat? That'll take me 2 days to finish. I got her 2 strawberry shortcakes and I thought I could stack one on top of the other to make it look like a wedding cake, but it wasn't stable enough so I scratched that idea.

Halfway through the day, we started a game of Mahjong again and all the sudden I got really tired and cold. From what I recognize, that's a sign of my fever. My throat has been aching since Friday and with the fever I got weary. One of our friends drove me home around 6pm. Measured my temparature and it was 100.6 Fahrenheit, took some Tylenol and went to bed. I didn't get up until 8am this morning, got dressed and went to the doctor's.

Since I didn't get an appointment early on, the nurse wouldn't let me see the doctor unless everybody with an appointment get to see the doctor first and I waited about 2 hours. That pissed me off. You can't schedule when you're sick, everybody else are just going there for physicals, that's not as urgent as a person with legitamite complaints. I shouldn't be punished just because I'm sick. All the while, I got a call from the office saying that I shouldn't count on having my vacation time reimbursed at the end of my employment, and that I should take all of them before the end of the month. The cheap bastards must be saving that money for their own severance. It would probably means that today would have been my last day, anyhow I should go in tomorrow with my external hard drive in and take some files I need. I probably need to tell them where everything is before I leave and configure stuff, so they can work after I leave. There are also reports due by the end of October that I haven't start yet, but that's not my concern anymore.

The doctor says I have strep throat, and I think I know how I got it. I can't even swallow my own spit without hurting like hell. I haven't eaten much for the past 18 hours at all. Didn't win the lottery again. (lol) Got some medication that doesn't do much, hopefully I'll feel better soon. Haven't heard anything from the jobs I applied for but at least now I won't have any excuse but to really look for a job.

Things are just not going my way, hope that will change soon.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP