Games

>> Monday, August 04, 2008

This was an unexpected busy weekend. I got pulled for this mahjong game after work Friday night and played until midnight. I almost enjoy mahjong even though it's a little bit high stakes. The most wonderful thing about that night is that the engaged couple who played with us made us a home cooked meal. I can't tell you when the last time it was that someone have cooked for me, especially a Chinese home cooked dinner. The last person who did that for me is possibly my grandma 7 years ago. Of course, I was very touched by it. It's a complete meal with 3 dishes and a soup; Stir fried hollow vegetables (one plate spicy and the other one not), steamed pork with pickled vegetables, steamed fish with ginger, scallions and soy sauce, and chicken ginseng soup with abalone. While the humble host said that it's just a simple quick dinner because we're playing mahjong so there's no time to do anything more extravagant. Are you kidding me? What were you gonna do otherwise, a full banquet? I was floored already. Afterward, ES called and we talked for 90 minutes and I didn't go to bad until around 2:30am.


Newspaper tablecloth for easy clean up. Now that's what I called authentic.

Saturday, I went out to get a pool party outfit. Shopping is such a nice work out, lol. I was aiming to get my mid-life crisis/middle age Hawaiian shirt and a pair of bright red hibiscus print shorts but after 2 hours of store browsing I settled for a nautical themed t-shirt with a pair of brown bold banana leaf graphic shorts that I swear I will not wear it anytime else but summer and not anywhere else but around water. Afterwards I went to a guy's place who I met on Craigslist's Strictly Platonic section. Like me, he was looking for new friends to hang out with, and he especially mentioned scrabble. He's a pretty good looking guy and I can see that's he's of German decent. Although child, let me tell you I whooped that boy's ass twice on scrabble. I almost feel bad for being that competitive, but his scrabble skills are really questionable. His average score is around 220 and mine was 350, I felt so bad.

At night, I went out with Mr. CuteCub for a drink. I have to say that he is one of the (not handsomest or sexiest, although he is handsome and sexy too but he's) cutest persons I have seen for a long while. Complete with dimples and squinty eyes and a nice hairy body, he looks like one of those Japanese G-men character. He is also very intelligent, kind and he has a great sense of humor. I swear if he isn't hitched already, I might actively pursue him. Lucius texted me after I was out and ask if I want to go out for a drink, so I pointed him over to where we are. Lucius and CuteCub are both outgoing type, so they chatted for a long while until Lucius left after two big jugs of beer. I would have loved to be with Lucius one on one, but he still pulls at my heartstrings. Thankfully CuteCub was there to soften the blows. He told me that Lucius was looking at me affectionately at times and that he must like me a lot, but I told him that I have been openly pursuing Lucius a few times but either got rejected or ignored so if he does have feelings for me, he would have told me already. CuteCub also explained that the reason he himself didn't want to get too close to me before was because he was afraid that he'll fall hard for me and that he loves his boyfriend a lot and didn't want to jeopardize that relationship but that he likes me a lot. I really appreciated his honesty and his effort to explain himself, the last thing I need is another "What's wrong with me?" session. I remember bumping into his boyfriend once at an Asian event and he was really good looking, so I can't blame him.

So after the bar closed, we headed back to his place because he wanted to show me his Wii. It's a harder control then I'm used to, you really have to pay attention and be alert the whole time, which is really tiring after lack of sleep and a few drinks. We didn't go to bed until 3:30am and woke up around 8, fall back to sleep and wake up every half hour until 11. Went to a steak house of bison burgers, walked around and dove into a few thrift stores looking for books, CDs and T-shirts. CuteCub seems to be a really great guy and really, really cute, I always have a really great time when I'm with him. Went home to do laundry, cleaned up a little and it's time for the dress rehearsal for the pool party. I would have paid the Gay Luck Club $50 if I could have taken a 2-hour nap before joining them.

The dress rehearsal of the pool party turned into a meeting, nobody went down to swim and I, sticking to my original plan, just manned the grill. I don't know if we as a group are getting older or some of us have just worked in the corporate world for too long, but I used to remember when there was a time when planning for a party was easy. Teenagers do it, hi-schoolers and college students plan parties all the time too, I mean how complicated could it be? But it seems that everything is dragged out of proportions and we have to vote on every issue. We are on our 20th hour of the process and it just seemed too bureaucratic, while the fun factor is slowly disappearing. At least some of us got a good laugh at it afterwards and a few even said there are other things happening on that weekend and might consider switching gears.

Checked out a new bear event later on and there were like 10 people in there including me and BL. We were joking that the Asians are very well represented at this bar. I discovered that I can drink lite beers (they're like water and I can probably chuck 6 of these down and pretend to be a big drinker), we chatted with a person that organized the Gay Film Festival, gave him my WTFs for Otto and in exchange I got more information on Girls Will be Girls materials. I got home after midnight.

It has been an unusually busy weekend, which is nice, I would have loved to add a good night sleep somewhere in between and maybe a long job search session. But right now, I'm in desperate need of a huge ice cold glass of orange juice.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP