The One Who Invited Himself to Sleep in My Bed and Didn't Put Out

>> Friday, June 13, 2008

Yeah, it's like that. (just kidding, well sorta)

After haven't slept much due to Mahjong Wednesday night, I got a call from SV again yesterday at almost 5pm asking me if I had time to play Mahjong again after work. I was infected by SV's high energy and said yes, even though I'm really not used to being busy socially. We arrived in his friend's place in South Philly, took the Mahjong table and the Mahjong set out of the trunk and entered a very well designed and recently renovated home in a seemingly poor neighborhood. It's all hardwood floor, chromes, Italian tiles and dark wood furniture. You wouldn't be able to tell from the outside.

The owner of this house is this young engaged straight couple who are getting married at the end of August. The guy is from Hong Kong and the girl is from China. Friendly people, really. We were getting to know each other, and I told them where I worked and immediately I got a smart remark about how badly managed my organization is. lol. I told the guy I was trying to leave my organization for the longest time for the very same reason, but hearing it from someone else that I just met is like getting a slap in the face. I almost forgot how blunt us Asians can be sometimes.

Our Mahjong game was shortened because the wife suddenly had to leave for to pick up a friend that she hasn't seen for the past 10 years after winning a couple of big hands. I should have screamed bloody murder. After SV and I left, SV asked if he can come to my place and watch Kathy Griffin and I don't see why not, but then he wanted to stay over. Huh? I mean SV is a sexy guy and all but I wasn't about to do anything to ruin my relationship to a perfect Mahjong mate. I was hesitant but I didn't want to offend him by saying no either.

We had a pretty good time watching My Life on the D-List and the A-List awards. Kathy did an excellent job hosting. SV really has a great go-getter personality. He's going to be in DC this weekend promoting his website and network with some local gay Asian organization, while asking their executive director whether he can stay at their place and whether they play Mahjong, and if he can bring me and a couple of other guys along. I admire that, since I'm too timid to ever attempt impose myself that much in one simple phone call. I'm not trying to be morally superior or anything, I completely understand if one wants to succeed, that is what it takes to make it, I'm just disappointed sometimes that I don't have the guts for it. Like SV said "All you have to do is ask."

Afterwards we lied in bed and talk about activism, racism, obstacles that gay Asians face, what he is trying to do with his website, forming a gay Asian advocacy group in Philadelphia, raising the visibility of gay Asians. These guys are really into activism, huh? I guess if I want to keep feeding my Mahjong addiction, I better shape up a bit in that sense as well. I don't go out to bars much and I have no idea how to cruise, so I don't notice as much racism as other people do. I just thought I cannot expect everyone to find me attractive.

I was flattered by how SV was sleeping really close to me, I was on the edge giving him space on my queen bed but he still manage to sleep diagonally while putting his legs on mine and later asked if I can give him a massage. Given how much I like to massage people and good at it, that could be my next career move. But other than that we didn't do anything more, I was sure if he wanted some, he would have taken the initiative. He did invited himself over and he's not the shy type. Although, I haven't had a friendly sleep over since I was in junior high and I have never slept with someone in the same bed that didn't end up with sex. Strange.

We were supposed to meet up with a few guys for Asian night tonight, he asked whether I want to go to DC with him for DC Pride tomorrow and Sunday. Although I'm really flattered, I'm a bit too overwhelmed and I really need a good night sleep. I really need to pace myself a little.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP