Chef YvesPaul's Installment - Tropical Whatever

>> Saturday, June 07, 2008



Got this in my head the other day, a phyllo cup dessert that has to do with mango. In observance of the 96 degrees outside, I thought I'd make it for the office. I really wanted to do a mango syrup soaked Beignet or a mango french toast inside, but I did a mango bar instead. Topped with Haagen Daaz's coconut pineapple ice cream, and a mango mint syrup with diced pineapple, and papaya and toasted sliced almond. Made a dozen of them and took it in.

When my colleague asked me what it was, I told her it's a Tropical... whatever. So here it is, I need to improve a whole lot of things. It would be much better if it was a mango french toast or fritter, if it was smaller, and if the mint is a bit heavier. At least it looks passable, no?

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP