My Hood

>> Tuesday, June 03, 2008



One of my excuses why I have lived at my rinky dink apartment is that I love my hood. I'm two blocks away from two major supermarkets, two blocks away from the gayborhood, one alley block away from the emergency room, three blocks away from my doctor. Tons of good quality restaurants around my hood, it makes up for living in a badly managed old building.

Around the corner, there are million dollar homes and it has been called the prettier block in the city. I love the tree lined streets, although the ginkos smell quite bad when they drop fruits and my allergies are acting up because of the trees in certain time of the years, they also provide shades in the summer and it's really pretty when the leaves begin to fall. Not to mention the wonderful cherry blossoms which I just love.

I also enjoy the street fairs around my hood immensely. Around one side there is this antique row, which they do something once or twice a year. Around the supermarket they have a flea market once a year. Around the gayborhood, they have had a few gay events and they just created another thing called Spring Fair up my block. Street performers playing latin and folk music, people grilling hot dogs and burgers on the street, farmers selling little flower plants. I enjoy walking in the middle of the street most of all.


I can hear them from my apartment playing Sambas and singing.


After giving away some leftover dog cookies and toys to a passer by, I sat down to this. An ice tea, an OJ, eggs, bacons, hash browns and chocolate chip pancakes, all part of this complete breakfast.


Did I mention there is this medical university two blocks down where there are half naked students all the time?

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP