The Gay Luck Club

>> Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cheesy, I know. After 3 nights of consecutive Mahjong playing, this is the best name we can come up with for our new little Mahjong social gathering. Since last Wednesday, there is about 9 members in our group and I have made around $20, enough money to buy 3 drinks. Somehow I have already been deemed the master, probably because I kinda whooped their asses on Friday. I didn't mean to do it, I guess I was just lucky.

After our little game, we went out for a drink at the monthly Asian event at a local gay bar. I haven't been there for almost a year and I was surprised by how many familiar faces there were. I used to work and sometimes volunteer for this HIV/AIDS organization which focuses on the Asian/Pacific Islander communities and they are the ones who organizes these monthly events. So a lot of people who recognized me are from this organization. Of course, there are other Asians who cruises online, and other white guys who are rice queens. I am quite convinced that some of them had slept with every single Asian in town.

Part of the reason why I don't come to this place that often is because during the show, which is almost all drag all the time, they do a prevention game show kinda thing and sometimes it's quite embarassing. I should be more supportive but drag does not do anything for me, and asking some random guy to use their mouth to put a condom on a banana only using their mouths is a bit crass. And does the point of prevention com across when the whole place become a circus? Of course, there might be some self-hating feeling somewhere in there for me.

I remember when I first come to Philly, I was so excited to have a place for Asians to go. The very first person I get to know in Philly was a very hunky Filipino guy, I was practically shock that Asians can look that handsome and we got to be friendly. Later, he joined the Asian organization and he was going to a conference that I was also attending and he didn't have a room to stay in. So I jumped at the chance and offered him my extra bed. We were together for the whole week but since he had a boyfriend, so I didn't do anything funny, although later on I heard it on the street that their relationship is actually quite open. (*Slap* my cautious self)
I also had a very nice long talk with a very great guy, who is also already taken.

So SV being the outgoing alpha type decided to form the group and announced it to the other Asians who would like to join while promoting his own dating website. By the end of the night, we have about another half a dozen who showed interest. We planned to meet every Wednesdays and Sundays and we will start to advertise on the local newspaper and all.

By the end of the night, I got so tired that I said no to a guy that I really dig but made up for it on yesterday. I didn't go to DC, but fun comes in other ways. :)


Meet the boys from the Gay Luck Club

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP