File'm Under T for Travel and T-shirts

>> Monday, June 16, 2008

I have made up my mind of going to San Francisco in the end of September. It's gonna be for almost a whole week and it's gonna cost around $2K but I'm gonna justify it as my annual birthday present to myself and hopefully have a great time out there.

It was a little hard to decide just because I never know what my status would be a few months later. My job is a little unstable at this stage, so I'm not exactly financial secured. I'm not saying that I might have a boyfriend few months down the road, but I won't be able to fully enjoy myself if I have that in the back of my mind. My little indecisiveness has cost me $100 more just because flights are raising their prices due to oil and after getting my tickets a buddy from the Gay Luck Club told me that US Airways might not last the summer. Great, I'll be looking forward to the trip for the rest of the summer and come to find out that I won't be able to go.

In my search for a nice T-shirt for Folsom East. I stumble across a nice clothing site called NuWear. They mostly sells underwear and swimwear. I realized that my only gay related t-shirt is one from Keith Haring's pop shop and that one is not even that gay anyhow, so I guess I got my first official gay t-shirt to join the club. You can go to their site and see which one I got, my choice is a bit obvious.

Speaking of T-shirt, people say it's embarrassing when you go somewhere and people are dressing exactly the same as you are. (Although, I don't know why) So when I was at the gay Asian night, I bumped into someone who was wearing the exact same T-shirt as I am. I bought that last year at Nordstrom, it was a dark grey shirt with a light gray print of an empty swing set. I think it tells a story, maybe a little gloomy. I wore it out once when a friend was reading into the psychology of it which I did as well when I bought it but other friends just thought it was an empty swing set. The guy who wore the same shirt says he loved the brand, and SV asked me what brand it was but I didn't know. Afterwards I found out it's called Modern Amusement.

So these are my gay spendings for this week.


My Keith Haring T-Shirt - A lot of people asked me what it means, I think it's about evolution; Existence, hunting, farming, pottery, architecture and technology. What do you think? Other than it's from Keith Haring, not gay at all, right?


The Modern Amusement T-shirt - I think it speaks for the loneliness and isolation that we all feel sometimes and my yearning for a kid. Is an empty playground the opposite of happiness?

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP