Let The Games Begin

>> Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I picked up the local gay newspaper the other day and there was a story about some local folks were starting a website called LoveGAM that acts as a dating/social site for Gay Asian Men and their admirers in a MySpace format. Since they are Philadelphia based and Asian based, I thought I'd give it a try. It is something else to do you know, and who knows, I might get a decent guy out of it. The article specifically says if you join before June 15, you'd get full access to it. So I logged on, created a profile and check out who else digs Gay Asian Men.

There are about 52 people around my area who fits the age bracket of my ideal mate, 25% of them non-Asian and it seems like I was the only guy on the site. The site is on its beta version and we'll have to play tag if we are REALLY interested. When is the last time I got REALLY interested in someone just by reading their profile?

So I was reading some fellow Asians profile and this guy says he was looking for someone to play Mahjong with. Huh!?! Bingo! I probably had mentioned on this blog about a dozen times on how interested in Mahjong I am. I have tried to teach my white friends how to play the game to no avail, written a manual, some people are okay with the elementary stuff, but when it gets a bit complicated they back off right away. I do enjoy a challenging high level game but there's no one with that skillset available. I've joined the local gay and lesbian center who host a so-called mahjong game with American rules, which is bullshit. And my Gay Afro-Asian Mahjong brigade are no yet skilled and they are more a social group of people, I need Mahjong-focused people. So without another word, I emailed the guy to let him know how interested I am in playing.

The guy emailed me back and said that he was trying to get a game together this week, and that he already found two other people at Pride who wants to play. After exchanging some info, he told me he has already found a place to meet up tonight, he has put his Mahjong table in his trunk, offered to pick me up and planned to order pizza. Huh? What have I done to deserve this? A guy who's seriously into Mahjong, planned everything down to the tee and offered to pick me up? It's like winning the lottery. I almost shat my pants with excitement, I haven't been this excited for a long, long time.

He also told me that we are by playing Cantonese rules, and asked me to bring money and we'll probably be playing for 6 hours tonight from right after work until midnight. Pure. Hog. Heaven. If he tells me he "plays with flowers" and "starts at 3 Fans", I will marry this guy or stalk him so far up his ass that he wouldn't know what hit him.

I'm telling you Mahjong is the ultimate game for me. I have been trained from my grandma's back since I was a baby, it is in my blood. Do you think I should pretend to lose the first time we meet to build a good relationship first? I DO want to keep going back, you know?


It is also my retirement plan


Good cardiovascular exercise, especially when you get pissed off from losing to your opponents and start yelling. I think that's what keeping my grandma alive sometimes.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP