It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Cut Off Their Toes

>> Thursday, June 12, 2008

On my way home yesterday after work, I've already got a phone call from SV, the organizer of the Mahjong game saying that he's on his way. His enthusiasm excites me. Ever since we got in touch with each other, he had been showing this amazing ability and speed to organize the game and I haven't stopped grinning from ear to ear knowing that I was going to be able to play my long awaited game.

At the same time, Principe texted me to say Hi. I thought it was a normal "How are you? I miss you" thing but he go on telling me that he's been in an accident. Apparently he was climbing up a tree to trim it and accidentally cut off 3 of his toes and now he can't walk. What am I gonna do with this guy? He never take care of himself well enough, he's careless and forgetful, but the flaws are part of his charms. I was thinking that in another circumstance, I could have spend the rest of my life taking care of him, and I'd probably be happy, in debt (since he doesn't have any insurance in the U.S.) but happy. But since we are separated now, there's nothing else we could do but to move on.

SV was very nice in person, I hopped into his stylish sport SUV and headed to our host's place. Apparently, he's the creator of LoveGAM and was just in the Pride parade wearing nothing but a speedo promoting his site and he's touring the country and overseas to do the exact same thing. Our host N is a handsome Belgium/Singaporean mix who was also wearing nothing but a pair of red speedos promoting for the Aquatic swim team, although after reviewing the picture I've taken, I don't think I see him anywhere. N is also a student, an activist and co-producer of a podcast fighting homophobia in Singapore. Our fourth corner is CL from Hong Kong who shared the same last name with me and who also works in IT but he works at a big pharmaceutical in town and he brought his friend and colleague D, a Japanese bear. They all seemed so successful comparing to little old me and what's with these Asians wearing speedos in public, huh? I wouldn't have the gore.

I can't tell you enough what a wonderful time I had. N lives in this wonderful high-rise apartment that has a gym, a pool, a dry and a wet sauna. He arranged for us to play in the BBQ patio down below, which is right next to the pool on comfortable lawn chairs. We ordered some pizzas, sat out in the breeze and played our hearts out. It was like paradise. We almost finished 4 cycles, when a security guard had to lock up the patio for the night at around 11pm. The game is a bit high stakes, since each hands can cost up to $3.20 and we finish like 20 hands, but we are very well matched so no one won or lost too much. I think I might have made a dollar or two at the end, but it's all fun and games. It's funny how I can't switch back to speaking Cantonese that easily though. I'm so very happy to have met these guys, we are planning to go to the gay Asian night in town this Friday and probably playing Mahjong again at least once a week. I've waited 10 years to find people who likes to do what I like to do, I couldn't be happier.

Well, actually I could. (Knock on wood) It's strange considering how my social life has flourished all of a sudden. The Chinese in me would believe that it has everything to do with luck, maybe the year of the rat is good for me. After Principe and a few friends has left me in Philly, it has propelled me to go out and actually meet new people and do things. I've started to learn Kung Fu, got in touch with a lost contact in SF which I hope to go and visit him and his partners during Folsom. Which, inspired me to check out Folsom East. Which, provided me an opportunity to meet Sue in real life. And as if that is not exciting enough, I possibly could meet a few other bloggers and, cross my fingers, hopefully the man that I have hoped to meet, Joe.My.God.

I have been so excited about these recent events that I am restless at night. (Pathetic, I know but what am I gonna wear? lol) Let's hope I don't get too excited in front of these fine people that I keep yammering and embarrass myself like I did last night.


I didn't get the permission, so he's under witness protection right now.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP