Weekend Meme: Halloween Meme

>> Saturday, October 31, 2009



I think I'll be quite busy today creating a costume and go get some a pair of long johns which I though I have. Also, I'll be baking some Halloween themed pumpkin pies.

Still deciding whether I want to attend the Henry David Ball once again or not. I'm very excited about it, but if the boyfriend doesn't want to go the whole experience will be not as stellar and I'd be more inclined to do what he wants instead. I'm kinda whipped that way.

Today's meme is from Erik at Gambrinous with Griffonage, I guess now the circle is complete.

1. What is your favorite written work of horror fiction?
I used to be a big fan of a Chinese horror magazine called Ghost World that get published once a week. It's full of horror stories. Other than that I couldn't say I've read a lot of horror.

2. What is your favorite written work of science fiction/fantasy?
Can't say I've read a lot of science fiction either. For fun, I usually read mystery thrillers.

3. Who is your favorite monster?
The gingerbread man in Shrek. King Kong is also quite cute.

4. What is your favorite Horror movie?
Does Interview with the Vampire counts? It's not very scary. The gay slasher film Hellbent was also tons of fun.

5. What horror movie gives you the most chills?
I guess The Ring. A crawling girl all wet and with her hair covering her face and sharp teeth is quite creepy.

6. What character from any horror film would you most like to play?
If I can choose someone to be, I'd probably choose to be a vampire. A gay vampire like Armand in Interview with the Vampire. Too bad he can't turn into a bat and fly.

7. Freddy or Jason?
Freddy. It's more imaginative and there's humor in Freddy but not with Jason.

8. What is your favorite Halloween treat?
Riesen. Chocolate wrapped caramel is hella addictive. I usually wouldn't buy any because it's like poison and I can't stop until I finish the whole bag and I'd feel real bad if I do. Usually I'd buy a bag if there are kids around where I can give them away, but since I live in a childless apartment building I guess I won't.

9. Ghosts or goblins?
I'm not too sure what is the question. Ghosts are scary but can't cause physical harm, goblins aren't quite scary but they can touch and harm you. I'd rather be a ghost and probably I'd rather meet a ghost more than a goblin. So I'd choose ghosts...?

10. Friendly-faced jack-o’-lantern or scary one?
Scary ones, if not why bother?

11. What is your scariest encounter with the paranormal?
Hearing all the ghost stories do gives one paranoia but I haven't had any paranormal encounters.

12. Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
Yes, I'd like to believe there's something left after one dies, sounds good in theory.

13. Would you rather be a zombie, alien, or psycho?

I guess an Alien if they have unusual weapons or powers. Otherwise being a psycho is quite empowering. Zombie doesn't have much intelligence or free will, they act like a herd of sheep, so no.

14. Favorite Halloween costume?
Thus far, I've only wore one and that's last year's Chinese vampire costume that I made myself.

15. Best thing about Halloween?
The unusualness of people wearing costumes on the streets.

16. Person in your family who most likes Halloween (not counting yourself)?
The younger cousins should love to dress up and eat candies. In Hong Kong, only the area where bars cater to foreigners celebrates Halloween, so trendy young'uns might like that too.

17. Are you superstitious?
Depends, I can be quite superstitious in some situations. There are certain customs regarding Chinese religions that I'd rather take heed than intentionally challenge them.

18. Share an unusual Halloween story.
Well, when I first came to the States. I didn't know how much candy I should give away, so I got ready one year and bought a box of white chocolate bar and two boxes of Ferrero Rocher and when the kids came to the house I was living in, I gave each kids 5 white chocolate bars, partly because it wasn't that good and a handful or Rochers. The kids were ecstatic, but then some kids still bargain for more Rochers... lol.

19. What did you do for Halloween as a kid?
Nothing.

20. What’s the best Halloween party that you’ve attended?
Last year's Henry David Ball. It's the second Halloween party of my life. The first one happened earlier that very same night.

Have a great Halloween. I intend to have a lot of fun, hope you will too!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP