Cheap Computers in Sight

>> Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hear ye, hear ye, y'all! Hewlett Packard owned Comapaq just came out with a few laptop and desktop models that will be sold at a low, low price.

For the same price as a high-end netbook, the Compaq CQ61 nets you a 15.6-inch dispay powered by a dual-core AMD Sempron M100 processor (2GHz, 512KB L2 cache). Other specs include 2GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics, a 160GB hard drive, a DVD burner, Windows 7 Home Premium, and a 6-cell battery. The machine is priced for $399 releasing on October 22. Compaq Presario 4010f with a 250 GB hard drive and other similar specs is selling for $309 after rebate on the same day.

I've accidentally cracked my laptop screen a month or two ago, along with a computer virus that requires me to wipe my computer clean and start again had me yearning to get a brand new one. After all, I have been using this Vaio for the past 5 years and it is quite outdated and time for it to retire. My Straizian friends had told me to wait til black Friday when there are major discounts for everything and maybe skip to Delaware for the tax free stores. With this news, I am really tempted.

Plus now that Compaq came up with these highly economical laptops, maybe the other brands will follow suit and drop prices. Maybe in a few months I can get another Vaio for cheap to last me another half a decade? Here's to wishful thinking!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP