Weekend Meme: Now Vs Then Meme

>> Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hi all, missed yesterday post because I was occupied with playing various games on Facebook. Somebody help me, I'm obsessed! This week's meme is from Chris at My 2 Cents, who altered a 10 years Now and Then meme into a 20 years for a larger difference.



Then ~ October 1989
1. Age: 14
2. Romantic Status: I was 14, I think I thought it's about time to get a girlfriend but I wasn't interested in anyone in particular.
3. Occupation: Student, just started middle school.
4. Fun night out: Not having any night out, I wasn't allowed
5. My BFFs: A guy named Wellcome and a piano nerd two classes up.
6. I spent way too much time: Watching TV and being alone.
7. I spent not enough time: Studying and doing homework.
8. I wanted to be when I grew up: Nothing specific.
9. Biggest concern: I think it was right after the Tiananmen Square incident in China and there were protests everywhere and I participated in quite a few of them.
10. What my biggest concern should have been: Studying.
11. Where did I live: In Hong Kong with my grandma and uncles.
12. Dumbest thing I did that year: That was the year that Uncle Charles got married, I didn't truly like the lady and avoided her at all costs.
13. If I could go back now and talk to myself I would say: Find and know yourself and set goals.



Now ~ October 2009
1. Age: 34
2. Romantic Status: The Boyfriend (5 months?)
3. Occupation: Unemployed (aye...)
4. Fun night out: Going out to a comedy show and have dinner then drinks.
5. My BFFs: High school buddies in Hong Kong, certain gaysians and straizians in Philly.
6. I spend way too much time: On the computer playing games.
7. I spend not enough time: Looking for work.
8. I want to be when I grow up: Home owner I suppose.
9. Biggest concern: Finance. As compare to 20 years ago when that wasn't a concern at all.
10. What my biggest concern should have been: Finding a job.
11. Where do I live: Philly in a studio apartment.
12. Dumbest thing I have done this year: Procrastinating on finding a job. I sincerely don't know what I'm waiting for other than a huge kick in the ass.
13. What I think I would say to myself in 10 years: Hurry and grow up!

Summary
1. What do I miss most from 1989: My Naivete
2. What do I miss least from 1989: Not being free to do anything and the constant criticism from the family.
3. What have I accomplished in 20 years that I am most proud of: I became independent and left a hostile unnurturing environment.
4. What have I NOT accomplished in 20 years that I wish I had: Get a stable job and save enough money to buy a house.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP