Zombie Days, Vampire Nights

>> Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm still getting over a cold that started mid-last week. It's actually not quite a big deal other than having some coughs and minimal nasal congestion. I think I should be all recovered by Thursday. After Saturday's miraculous warmth of 70-some degrees, the weather has dropped colder and I don't think it'll get warmer again until the end of winter. There's nothing I enjoy more than being in bed under my covers and feeling the cool breeze coming from my window.



The leaves on the maple and gingko trees have turned to a bright yellow, falling to the ground and covering everything under them. It really makes you appreciate the controlled nature that the city has to offer. I'm spending most of my weekend time with my Asian friends, playing Mahjong and eating. I figured that most of them are young, single and have limited responsibilities, maybe that's why we are able to meet up so often. During the week, I write my blogs, read others and get in touch with what's going on, do house chores, grocery shopping, cook, cruising online etc. I really should be mad at myself for not looking for a job yet, but I'm not. I can also find some sort of entertainment somewhere, and the unemployment compensation is more than enough to support my current lifestyle so it doesn't offer much kick in the ass.



Since I was so impressed with HBO's True Blood, I ordered Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse Vampire Mystery box set from Amazon. It contains the first 7 paperbacks in the series and I've been reading them constantly, they are a mixture between supernatural mysteries and romantic novels. The mysteries are quite simple, but I always liked vampires and the TV series gave me a good base for context. I am afraid that I might know the plots for the TV series for seasons to come. It's good to know that the books slightly differs from the show, a friend asked me to go watch Twilight with him around Thanksgiving, I'm actually looking forward to it.

I find myself having trouble putting a book down once I get into it, so nowadays I read until I must go to sleep. Sometimes that means 4~5 o'clock in the morning, but who cares? Isn't life grand?

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP