One Sad Video Game

>> Friday, November 21, 2008

I can't claim to have played this video game, so I'm only judging from the content of the commercial. (Yeah, I guess I'm a little judgmental today.)





I guess the whole concept is that you don't have to be bored in the rain, you can go into another world and meet your friends where it is sunny, but there's no excitement in their voices whatsoever. If I'm playing a videogame, I want to live a fantasy, I want the game to draw me in with magic or give me an experience that I wouldn't be able to have otherwise, I don't want to do day-to-day stuff. That's probably why my fascination with The Sims has been short-lived.

The game is obviously catering to women, as if they are easy to be fooled by cutesy graphics and immune to the lame concept. Oh, let's go to the mall with your friends in cyber space, or watch fireworks, no, not real ones but the ones done in cutesy graphics in our TVs. It's sad when you can go to the mall or go fishing in real life with your friends but you have to resort to playing a video game. (Get a hobby! Learn a skill! spoken by the unemployed.) At least with Nintendogs, it saves you the hassle of cleaning up after your dog. I would think the people at Wii could come up with a better game to advertise, I'm surprised.


Dudes, you are all successful individuals that have enough money to do whatever whenever you want. And does a successful, attracive landscaper, interior designer TV personality really want to do gardening in a game after work? Call me gullible.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP