TV Review: True Blood

>> Thursday, November 06, 2008



I didn't want to get into the whole ordeal with Proposition 8 and Poll Tax just yet, actually I'm still quite depressed about Prop 8 so I figured I'd drown out my sorrows by "torrent-ing" the whole series of True Blood until now and let Ryan Kwanten's naked body distract me for a bit and it did do its job.

I was wondering how come every character in this series is so well drawn out and the stories so realized and come to find out that this series is actually based on a novel series by a very scary looking lady named Charlaine Harris. Her Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire series became so popular that it caught Six Feet Under's creator Alan Ball's attention to make it into a TV series.

In the near future the Japanese has invented synthetic blood, which helped vampires to "come out of their coffins" and integrate themselves with normal society. Much like the gays, religious leaders had come out against these fangers but there are also those who come out in support of equal rights. But in a small backwards Louisiana town like Bontemps, the jury is still out.

Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) grew up with a cursed ability; she's a telepath. Her ability has caused her not be able to get close or intimate with anybody. After losing her parents to a flash flood, she and her brother Jason (Ryan Kwanten) went to live with their grandmother. As they grow old, Jason moved to his parent's house while Sookie stayed with her grandmother and works as a waitress at the local restaurant/bar. When Sookie started dating a vampire named Bill (Stephen Moyer), Bill's world overtook Sookie and the people around her.

Other than the incredible hot sex god Ryan Kwanten and his overwhelming amount of nudity (I swear his lower ab was talking to me and he's totally my No. 1 celebrity fantasy now), Stephen Moyer, Sam Tremmell who played the owner of the bar and Michael Raymond-James who looked a little like Carmine Giovinazzo from CSI:NY are all very handsome and rugged, they would have been perfect for any western flicks. I also realized that I like Ryan Kwanten because he looks a bit like Ken Ryker or maybe they both look like Ken dolls, although Ryan's chest hair is a bit jagged up.

Do watch the series if you can, I still plan on buying the DVDs and I just got around buying those novels, the first 7 just came out as a paperback box set for a low price on Amazon. Now I'm torrenting Season 4 of Weeds, cheers.


It reminds me of Girls Will Be Girls who said "I should have told you that B- is just a bloodtype, not a lifestyle choice."

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP