Paris Hilton Did Not Win (Sad Face)

>> Wednesday, November 05, 2008



Woohoo! U.S.A has became Obama Nation! That's a huge relief. After over two years of campaigning, we have a final results and it's a good one.

I don't know when Obama has reached the idol status, but he symbolizes a lot of different things for different people. It's inspiring to hear that an African American in Harlem saying that he now can honestly tell his son that he can truly be anything he wants to be now that Obama has been elected. But at the same time, my mind has been put in alert mode. When Matt Lauer came up with a special report this morning interrupting the usual program, I thought Obama got shot or something, it just turned out to be stupid W. giving his congrats. (When he said a lot of people have waited for so long (for an African American), I took it as for him to leave and I laughed hysterically. I was also tickled pink when I saw my first Nade/Gonzalez sign yesterday. I'm just so evil sometimes.)

On the other hand, I'm still very much astounded as people are still voting against gay rights. Even with Californians, 52% still say Yes to banning gay marriage. It's disappointing and saddening. Given the counting is not completely finished yet and who knows, maybe the absentees and the overseas are compsed by more educated people and the results will turn the other way but I'm not optimistic, I rather be surprised if it does turn the other way.

Arizona and Florida both passed to amend the definition of marriage to strictly between a man and a woman. Arkansas passed to ban gay adoption, that's really backwards. You rather sacrifice the happiness of Orphans to make a statement about your disapproval of gays. Cross Arkansas off the list of places that I'll ever visit, other than that all the red states in this following map are now deemed dangerous:



No surprise on Texas and other small time states that lack any big cities, but I am surprised for Louisiana and Mississippi. As if Katrina didn't teach them anything, maybe another hurricane and Kanye West would remind them why it's bad to have Republicans in office. I also thought that Georgia would vote the other way, maybe it's just me.



I'm also very impressed by John McCain's and Obama's speech after they've got the results. Particularly Obama's speech is the best one I've heard from him so far. For the entire speech, you can visit Kyle's entry at his blog - Strange Relationship. Although right now people seems to dislike Michelle's dress, what do you think? lol.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP