Election Eve Rant

>> Monday, November 03, 2008



I was chatting online earlier and saw someone from Georgia blasting in every local channel that voting for Obama will mean higher taxes, economical downturn, further racial conflict, vulnerable to terrorism and all that good stuff; and that was on a gay site. Some people on that site express that they are still a little bit undecided, which baffled me quite a bit. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but still...

Maybe McCain had been revered as the Maverick some while ago, but he had voted 90% of the time with George W. Bush so he had to be a 90% idiot. And even if we disregard that fact, his campaign has been nothing if not completely divisive that it would do more harm to the country than good. There has been so much lies and dirty politics that it is completely what we have been despising George W. and his cronies for. Plus, his choice in a running mate is so ridiculous that it is completely unfathomable that anyone could vote for him. While McCain had befriended every wingnuts and racists across the country, Obama had come out to say "No to Prop 8" and even getting endorsed by Republicans. What kind of self-hating fags would actually consider to vote for the McCain/Palin ticket? I'm convinced that the ones voting for McCain are either rich or racists, but even if you're rich, it really wouldn't do anyone any good if the country goes down to the drain so who are we kidding? And the undecided are either stupid or they are just seeking attention. (Yeah, that's right. Judgmental is part of my personality profile.)

As much as I dislike McCain's campaign or his choice in Palin, I don't wish him harm which is more than I can say for his supporters. I understand how they can be in such panics, especially after being fed so much lies about Obama being a terrorist and all. I just wish that they will not literally harm Obama when he gets to be the next president. I still wish that he would have chosen Hillary for the vice position, because as much as they dislike Obama, they hate Hillary more and that will protect him from getting harmed just like Cheney did for W. But all in all, I hope that everyone who can vote will turn up and do so, no matter what the outcome will be and can someone arrest those people who commits voter frauds?

I've heard people sending out fliers confusing voters about having a "rain date" or that voters from different parties are voting on different dates. The uncalibrated voting machine that when you press Obama, it will go for McCain instead. Or the voter registration committees that go out and register voters but if they find out that you don't share their political view points, they will not register you even though they said they will. Robocalls that spit out venomous lies and causes paranoia. All the people who participated in these dirty tricks should be investigated and imprisoned for at least 10 years.

I hope that Obama will win, I hope that Prop 8 will not get passed, and even though things don't go my way, I hope that we got the largest turnout in voting history ever. I'd like to advocate for peace, we have endured 8 years of W., I hope people who were against Obama can do the same for the next 4-8 years no matter what their political or racial views would be.

Although if things go my way, I'd be tempted to buy a bottle of champagne, get drunk and possibly go out flip some cars and loot for a bit like the way Phillies fan celebrates their win. lol.

But seriously, go out and VOTE!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP