Fueling The Fire

>> Wednesday, November 12, 2008

As if the former post is not enough, I thought if I am attending the protest this Saturday, what sign should I be bringing with me. Since we're not only protesting against Mormons but homophobia in general, even though we'd like to lay the blame on some particular group of people it's hypocritical for us to target a single group to express our anger upon. Although, there are a lot of anger to express:



Yes, my people are angry and rightfully so. That poor old lady has rights to express her ignorant views, but she should know better than to express them in front of a mob, she was asking for it and she got what she asked for. I understand a lot of folks are advocating for a peaceful demonstration, but what's the point? If we seem like the harmless fags that we are, who will take us seriously? What would people lose if they deny us? There has got to be consequences, or at the very least we have to seem threatening enough so folks will think twice before they decide to fuck with us. Yes, I am a vengeful fucker.

Take Michelangelo Signorile's brilliant reasoning skills with a Mormon Texan who donated to help Prop 8 pass, I can only wish I can be as well spoken and as patient as Michelangelo. You have the right to believe in what you believe in, but you do not have a right to make it into a law that will take other's people's rights away, but when talking doesn't work what is there left to do? Some people's conviction on their own fear and hate is so strong that they will keep making excuse of it so that they'd be righteous enough to not feel shame, while others are just plain stupid. I'd like to think I could bash some reasoning into their heads like the hollow piñatas that they are, but I still hope it wouldn't need to get to that stage.

Meanwhile, I have to think of a sign. How about Same Tax, Same Rights or I Pay School Tax For YOUR Children? If we're not allowed to have the same rights, shouldn't we get a discount? Actually the best sign I see so far is this one:



Definitely thought provoking. What do they want us to do? Turn straight? Do we have to go out and rape every women for them to get the point? Can you tell I have serious issues now?


If he thinks what we're doing is rioting right now, wait until he sees me loot a Best Buy or an Apple Store, I've been eyeing a iPod Touch, an a few iPhones for a while. (Oh, might as well grab a big flatscreen, a new laptop and a Dyson while I'm at it.)

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP