Happy Birthday, Charlaine Harris!

>> Tuesday, November 25, 2008



Sorry for missing a few post. Saturday I was at a surprise farewell party for my friend DN who beat me to the punch and he's moving back to California today, one time when we were hanging out he said he was thinking about moving to Seattle and when he had decided he might ask me to go with him and I guess I took it a bit too seriously. I think moving to California is like marriage, I keep hoping it's gonna be my turn soon.

Other than being with my Mahjong buddies and getting really nervous with the upcoming Thanksgiving meal plan. I've been busy reading the Sookie Stackhouse Vampire Mystery Boxset, just finished the whole set yesterday but the series doesn't end there and the writer takes a whole year to write one installment. Even worse, from the writer's website she has no idea how many more installments she will be writing to finish it off. And I thought waiting five months for a new comic book was excruciating, I'm starting to regret ever reading it at the first place, especially when I found out that Ms. Harris is turning 58 today and she looks like she could have diabetes. (Sorry, but I would hate to not know how the story ends. I need closure!!!)

Just when I've finished reading the boxset, I've gone on Amazon to buy the next chapter with hardcover it's only $7 more and I don't have the patience to wait. Sunday was also the season finale for HBO's True Blood, having known the plot there wasn't a whole lot of surprises. There a slight difference between the TV series and the book version, but they each have their own merits. I've never read a romance novel in my life and part of the books read emotional and erotic at times and at part, the logic is not stable enough as a detective mystery should be. The TV series in itself cannot be as detailed as the books, it feels like the story is too compacted and Alan Ball exaggerated the analogy of vampires to gays just a bit too much. Also, it's hard to find demigods to play a 6'4" blonde, muscled viking vampire and other chiseled muscle studs in Ms. Harris' fantasy of a book.

(Spoiler) I think the series is progressing through the plots from the books but the tone between them are quite different. Maybe we will get to see Sookie travel around the States a little bit. And I think killing off a well defined and flamboyant character such as Lafayette will disappoint a lot of people. I'm eager to find out what will happen to all of them but I can't imagine waiting a whole year.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP