Spending Habits

>> Sunday, March 25, 2007

I cannot say that it's uncharacteristic of me to find out that I've spent approximately $1,000 in the past few days, but it's a bit odd that most of the money I've spent is not really for my own purpose. Alright, I've spent a fourth of it for comic books and martial arts novel, and music and what not but about half of it went to my grandma, another quarter on Principe's iPod and the rest to some under-priviledge children, groceries and changing my phone over to T-mobile's pay as you go plan. I figured I could save more money by changing over, but they are having a difficult time bringing my old number to the new plan.

Yesterday, I was having a real hard time starting the day. I was rushing to go to New York and by the time I walked out the door I found out that I forgot my wallet and my keys. So I broke the door down, caused the wooden frame to bust. If I have only forgotten my keys I would have been fine, but without my wallet I couldn't have gone anywhere. I patched it up before I went up but it's still very raggedy. I spent 45 minutes on the phone trying to straighten out my cell phone situation and got transfered back and forth and all around the place with T-mobile. I got hanged up when I was asking them to reimburse for the minutes they have used.

When I got to NY, I went to Century 21 to do my underwear shopping, got some children's clothes to donate and walked back to Chinatown for food. I passed by a quaint little store that sells gyozas and fried pork buns. I got myself some gyoza, they were really good and it's just a dollar for 5 gyozas!!! I thought to myself, I could definitely live on this, spend $5 a day and my three meals would be settled. I would be malnutured but I would save tons of money, but then if I lived in New York all the money would probably go to rent anyway.

I got some martial art novels and they weren't cheap and when I got to my usual comic book store looking for "Death Note"s, they had every single episode except the first one, I was so pissed. I got the rest of them anyway, thinking I would buy the first one online or get the English version at Borders. But when I got to the Borders in Philly, they sold that one out too... I really don't want to start the others untiul I got the first one. I guess I'll have to wait now.

Thank god these spending binges are just speratics. I couldn't possibly foresee myself spending this much all the time. God, when are my lottery tickets gonna win me something?

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP