Weekend Meme: Bloggy Meme

>> Saturday, August 01, 2009



I've been occupying myself with cleaning this week. Divided my place into 7 areas and spending one day on each area and spending a whole day doing my best to sweep, dust, wipe, mop, repair and rearrange everything in sight. It's my rampage on dirt, clearing out the (dust) bunny ranch. So far I'm almost half way through, I washed the pillows and they remain wet, I'm not having a good night sleep. My place smells strongly of Pine-Sol, my body is sore but I feel butcher than ever. My fingers are wrinkled and looks like they're 15 years older, but I'm hoping by the time I'm done it would be well worth it.

Today's meme is brought to you by TenseTeacher, another wealth of memes. It's a meme about blogging habit, it looks interesting.

1. How did you come up with your blog title OR what does it mean?
When I first started the blog, my concept is that I would use it to rant on a regular basis hence the "melodramatic diary" part, also I tend to be cynical and sarcastic, so I dubbed myself a "cynic".

2. What are your general goals for blogging?
I use blogging as an avenue express myself, that and practice writing, jot down happenings and information just to remind myself and if I need them again I can look them up here. All this with a side benefit of meeting and communicating with new people.

3. Do people “in your real life” know that you blog and do they comment on your blog OR is it largely anonymous?
Some actually do. I've use the same online persona on other sites, and people who see me there can easily find my blog. A few friends including the boyfriend read my blog, sometimes they leave comment on the blog and some would comment on it in real life.

4. How often do you post (x per week)?
About 6 times a week.

5. How often do you read other blogs (x per week)?
Wow, that's a lot more. Almost twice a day. Having the blogroll updating itself by time helps a lot.

6. How do you select blogs to read (do you prefer blogs that focus on certain topics or do you choose by tone or…?)
Mostly, it's based on what interests me. I first just go to my high school friend's blog and write my own, after getting to know Jessica I got introduced to her blogger friends and started exploring. Almost all the blogs I read have to do with one of these four categories: Homosexuality, Food, Asian Affairs and Humor. And of course, all the blogs of the great folks I met along the way.

7. Do you have any plans to copy your blog entries in any other format, 0r do you think that one day, you’ll just delete it all?
I've never considered that my entry would disappear one day. I'm sorta counting on it to be there forever. I don't think anything I wrote is too important but it's fun sometimes to reread what I wrote and cringe on those grammatical and spelling mistakes.

8. What are the things you like best about blogging?
Just being able to broadcast my point of view, however ordinary, to the world. Makes me feel like I'm a part of something.

9. What are the things you don’t like about blogging?
I guess not being able to control who's reading my posts.

10. How do you handle comments?
I erase ads, other than that I'm pretty open. Answer questions when I need to, mostly I just read them and smile.

11. Do you have any burning thoughts to share on blog etiquette?
I think it's a free world and people should be able to do whatever they want, there's not much etiquette to speak of. Well if there's any etiquette that I'm not aware of and I'm doing wrong, please educate me. I try not to SHOUT and I don't autoplay music anymore. Anything else?

12. Any desired blog features?
Nothing I can think of at this moment, I'm pretty content with this site. Maybe if they can implement better template customization on the design front.

13. Have you suffered blog addiction?
Oh yeah, less about blogging, more about reading blogs.

So that's it, I'm back to playing Cinderella. Have a brilliant weekend!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP