The Hardest Working Asian In Hollywood

>> Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lately on TV, I can't help but notice the face of Dr. Ken Jeong appearing in various movie trailers. Indeed, since his role of Dr. Kuni in Knocked Up, everyone has been jumping onto Dr. Ken. Just this summer, he had been in The Hangover, The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard and now All About Steve. It's such a rare thing to see an Asian guy face in movies that he just jumps out.

I remember a few years back, I've seen Dr. Ken Jeong on some show on Comedy Central. Must be one of the Comic Remix episode or something like that and he killed. Dr. Ken came out with all his Asian demure and politeness and then start flashing gang signs and talking black and then suddenly jumped back all shy to say "Thank you..." I laughed so hard, I couldn't catch my breath.



Since then he has had small roles in MadTV and Mind of Mencia, and now all the movies even appearing in a WWE match? He's like an Asian Chris Tucker, a funny loud mouth that people are using as a minority token. At the same time, he's breaking a lot of stereotypes. I can't remember the last Asian male star who started and made it big in Hollywood, maybe Bruce Lee or... William Hung? I also can't remember the last Asian star that speaks so eloquently when being interviewed.



Hopefully he doesn't get overexposed and have a longer career.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP