Making Panda Bread

>> Monday, August 24, 2009



I've read a post at Serious Eats from about a month ago from people making panda bread and after doing much research, translations and metric conversions, I've decided to make one of my own.

I have made banana bread before but those are more like cakes. I don't have a bread machine and my yeast was kinda old but I thought I'd try anyway. The brown is from cocoa powder, the green is from Japanese matcha tea powder, it sorta resemble the face of a panda. The end product turns out quite dense, probably because the yeast had been expired for years. So the bread in general didn't come up as well. It's edible and not too bad toasted, maybe I'll use it for pudding or croutons. Making bread is quite a chore and time consuming, I'll try to make it with fresh yeast next time but I guess it'll be reserved for special occasions.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP