Resolutions Update

>> Wednesday, January 21, 2009



I have finally started to look for jobs but since I've been in the non-profit world for so long without proper training, I find I lack the confidence to apply for things that are too technical. Still, I put in my resume in for half a dozen of jobs today. For the dozens I've applied before I've never heard anything back, so the chance of me getting any of them seems minimal, but one can hope. I understand now that success is not measured by contemplation but by action, and it doesn't make me an intellect because I reflect a whole lot and do little.

One of my resolution items was to get to know more people, I have trouble going about this one. I think it'd be better if I can pick up a hobby and go meet people that way. Bridge, maybe? There used to be a gay bridge group in Philly somewhere, I wonder if they still do exist and if everyone that goes are all older folks. Maybe I can go out to the bars even though I can't drink much and start learning to cruise or just awkwardly start a conversation with strangers. I can't imagine myself doing it.

It occurs to me that it is a good thing that my taste of men goes beyond my own race. The Asian community in Philadelphia is not so big. Even my Asian straight friends either find love when they were in school or going out to Chinese restaurants. My barber for one found his wife when she was waitressing in a Chinese buffet, and A & Y met when Y was serving dim sum in another restaurant. Even my gay friend told me that a waitress told him the time she's getting off work before. I guess that's how things work in a small community.

I have yet to join the gym but I'm losing weight, so I can check that off my list. No, not really. With the lack of carbs and sugar, all I can think about is to have a piece of chocolate cake. The sugar-free jello is really not doing it for me. Thank god my diet ice teas are helping. Still, Chinese new year is coming and I'm supposed to go out for a banquet dinner, so I won't be able to control what I eat then. Oh well, might as well get my sugar fix.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP