Music Invasion: Dinah Washington's "Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby (Remix)"

>> Sunday, January 11, 2009

Feeling especially lazy these days. Having a cold and lying on my death bed. There's no reflections, no feelings, no observation but dread, a stuffy nose and coughing. I'm not going out but to get groceries, not having fun with friends and not having fun with others. The only bliss is Nyquil. At night instead hearing my humidifier battling my radiator, Nyquil offers me undisturbed sleep.

Just read the second installment of the vampire chronicles from Anne Rice and it mention evil as observations with no action and that the meaning in life might not be revealed with death, its meaning is what one makes of it. I think I'll take on Ms. Rice as my spiritual guide, she's successful enough for me to trust her instinct. Secretly I'm afraid of getting old now, with this unaccomplished life and no love in sight. In about 10 years, my face will rapidly deteriorate like all the other middle-aged Asians. It's quite a scary thought. Maybe I need to save up for Botox. Becoming a vampire should be so much easier, no sickness, no getting old, glamouring people for sex, money and blood, but then how high can a fat vampire hover?

This song come from the Verve Remixed album from 2002 that I loved, I even loved its sequel but then afterwards the choice of popular songs got scarce and the quality is questionable. I was intrigued by the grammar and the beat and of course Dinah's voice is just so classic.



Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby

(I got a man who's always late
Every time we have a date
But I love him
Yes I love him

I'm gonna walk up to his gate
See if I can get it straight
Cause I want him
And I'm gonna have him

Say is you is or is you ain't my baby?
The way you're actin' lately makes me doubt
Yous is still my baby-baby
I guess my baby's found somebody new) x2

Is you is or is you ain't my baby?
Maybe baby's found somebody new
Or is my baby still my baby true?

Now is you is or is you ain't my baby?
Maybe baby's found somebody new
Or is my baby still my baby true?
I guess my baby's found somebody new

And I better get right up and go out find me somebody true
I said I'm gonna find, find me somebody true

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP