Project Runway Season 5 Finale

>> Thursday, October 16, 2008

Um... should I feel ashamed for not watching the Presidential debate? I mean maybe I would have if Project Runway didn't happen to air their finale at the exact same time, so being a good gay, I've made my choice to watch the finale instead of the debate. Those presidential nominees have been bickering for a long while anyhow and I find it too ugly to watch. (What's with McCain's supporter yelling "Kill Him!" when McCain or Palin mentions Obama? I don't think politics can get any lower than that.)

I didn't watch the Phillies' decisive battle against the L.A. dodgers either. I heard the Phillies won and the city must be overjoyed. Seriously, I didn't know people were so passionate about their own sports team until I was in a bar and everyone were yelling and shouting when someone gets a point. Even while walking on the street, I heard someone yell something fierce and obscene that made me think some domestic abuse was going on before Lucius ensured me that it must have been baseball-related. I'm sure with some tutelage and a subscription to Comcast's expensive sport package, I could learn to like sports. I digress.

This season of Project Runway is a little disappointing for me. Some challenges are recycled from before, the talents seemed to be a bit inferior from previous seasons, maybe I'm getting old and out of touch, but the designs lack luster and lack a definite point of view. (Although, I think the drag queen challenge was pretty much the best challenge from all season.) After watching the last two disappointing episodes (The botanical inspired nightgowns are all quite disappointing and Jerell got auf'd even though he won an challenge was quite bullshit), for the remaining three designers, I like Korto the most and from the wedding gown she made, I wasn't particularly excited to watch the finale.

I was wrong though, all three designers brought it and although Leanne's collection seems to be a cut above the other two, it's hard to tell who will win.

Favorites from Leanne's Collection:




Favorites from Korto's Collection:




Favorites from Kenley's Collection:




Leanne's use of color and their silhouettes reminds me of Calvin Klein, it's simple and classic. She added a lot of interesting wave details which is great. It's refreshing. I love Korto's use of hair buns and the fans, the look is very African and cohesive. I'm glad to see her redesigned two looks from scratch in 48 hours, it shows how much she wanted to succeed and how talented she really is. Kenley's collection has a lot of interesting silhouettes and she used a lot of prints and she even hand painted a few garments herself. I can't deny that she's talented even though she's more delusional then Suede. But I don't believe that she did not know that other big designers have done what she created before and I think she straight out copied those looks. It's unfortunate. I'm happy for Leanne though.

For some reason watching this finale wasn't as satisfying as watching Wendy beat the crap out of Cartman on Comedy Central right after midnight and I just found out that I changed my blog template exactly after the last Project Runway finale... Strange.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP