Phillies Aftermath

>> Friday, October 31, 2008

I guess I really spoke too soon about the Phillies and their fans. I walked around center city and there were substantial damages. After digging some more, I came across these clips:


Craziness.


Car Flipping


Looting Robinson

Can I just say I don't understand the mentality for trashing your own city when your team wins? I'd understand if the visiting Tampa Bay Rays fans destroying the city because their team lost and they need to vent or beat their wives because they just lost their SUVs in a bet or something similarly trashy, but if your team won of course you'll be ecstatic but how do you get so happy that you need to physically destroy stuff?

So they flipped cars, climb things and tear things down, set things on fire and loot a store, all very unnecessary. Tons of beer cans and beer bottles smashed and lined the pavements. Confettis, well more like shredded documents that reminded me of Enron, it'd be the perfect hiding place too. Lots of people and noise. If you shout "Let's go, Phillies!" people around you would do the "Clap, clap, clap clap clap!" thing automatically like robots. Everybody is in some kind of uniform and congratulating each other like they were on the field playing. I just don't get it, I feel as emotionally removed as Dexter Morgan.

I think people just have too much testosterone and this is just an excuse to act out. I also wonder who's gonna play for all the damage and cleaning; the taxpayers, insurance, the city or the Phillies themselves. Are those looters gonna be arrested?


The crowd at the Phillies parade, I'm estimating at least 25,000 people. I wonder if they have all took the day off.


I'm actually tempted but I don't want to get arrested.


A picture during that game night, it's a bit incriminating, no?


Robinson store afterwards, notice the beer cans and bottles on the floor ground.


The only nice thing. A few trumpet players joined the fun above Merriam Theater.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP