Bothering News (October 2008 Edition)

>> Tuesday, October 28, 2008



It has been a few days since I've heard about the tragedy that happened to Jennifer Hudson and her family, about how her mother and brother got shot and killed by her brother-in-law and how her 7-years-old nephew is still missing. Well, the latest development seems to have taken a even darker turn as there are news about the body of her nephew being found inside an SUV. I don't understand how things like that can happen. I first thought someone kidnapped her nephew because of her new found fame and riches, but to have a family member killing other family members and even a 7 year old? I feel terrible for Jennifer Hudson and I don't know how people recover from such lost, that's probably why I hate visiting hospitals. I just don't know how to deal with bad news.

***



During the over-excited and unfinished baseball game last night, Lucius told me that a rape happened around my corner a few days ago. I don't watch the news or read the newspaper, so I wouldn't know. Apparently a couple came back from a night of fun after the bars have closed and they were held up with a knife when they were entering their place. The boyfriend was tied up and the burglar raped his girlfriend in front of him and then he robbed them and fled. Just around my corner... I wonder how big of a wound the knife would have caused and how much it would hurt by comparison to all the trauma and the stolen goods. I might just tough it out for the stabbing.

***



Via Towleroad and Daily Kos comes this horrible news:

ES&S iVotronics touch screens have already been observed now in four completely separate States, flipping the votes, in the early voting that has taken place to date. Eye-witness reports of repeated, consistent flipping of votes (from Obama to McCain naturally) has already occurred in the States of: West Virginia, Tennessee, Missouri, and Texas that have had early voting. Missouri, of course, is a key background State in McCain's electoral vote math.

These are not "glitches".
This is also not the result of just "one faulty machine".
How about some straight-talk:

Fact: This is not a "glitch".
Fact: This is not a one machine problem.
Fact: This is not a one State problem.
Fact: This is not a one Election problem.
Fact: This is neither a "theory", nor speculation. It's real.
Fact: The Democratic candidate is getting their (would be) votes systematically stolen.


I don't even know how to process this, I guess I can just pray that it is not true. How can people even think about violating other people's fundamental rights? How can you fix it? I'm sure they can hire someone to look over the codes. But then what? Sue them? Politics is just too, too dirty.

***



I'm just dumbfounded most of the time when I watch these McCain/Palin campaign clips by the reasoning of their supporters. Someone told me that those individuals fear change because deep down inside they are very insecure and it's very likely that they don't think about what it is like to be poor or of other race, they just live cimfortably in their bubble of a life and don't have the urge to go outside of their communities. The Hussein = Muslim = Arab = Terrorist logic is just too much, it just blows my mind when I watch these clips.

***

Other than the all important presidential election coming up, it is also the fight on Prop 8 which I find to be more important. Given, it's only for Californians but I believe that the rest will fall like dominoes once California rejects Prop 8. Money has been pouring into California for both camps on the issue and I still have difficulty understanding what the money is for besides advertising and how much is enough. But speaking of advertising, this clip is the best I've seen thus far:



Only one more week til voting day.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP