PodCast Discovery

>> Monday, May 14, 2007

I have just discovered a function on my iPod that I have failed to use for the past years - PodCast. I didn't think they had a lot of show to choose from, plus I thought it would cost, so I have avoided to use it. But recently, I stumbled upon it and started to download some shows just to test them out. Of course, I was looking to be entertained and only found one show out of the 5 shows that I've tested - "Gay Pimpin' with Jonny McGovern".

I've to admit that when I first saw Jonny McGovern on the cover of some local magazine, I thought to myself "Who was this yahoo?". But after listening to his show, it was quite good. I have a boyfriend, but I don't go out much to meet guys or go to bars/clubs. So I feel like really disconnected with the general gay culture. Listening to show makes me realize what it is all about. I'm surprised it helped more than watching TV and movies alone. Jonny has spared me his pearls of wisdom like "Fake it until you make it", which is something that I've never thought about. It's so against my grain, but it does make total sense. I guess appearance is important. The show goes into celebrity gossip, gay culture, house culture, NY nightlife, it sounds really glamorous, it's like I gained a few more friends.

Lately, I've been telling myself that I need to be positive, generating good energy and good karma. I started to believe that generating good energy is very important for my self-being. It's the source of confidence and success. I think it would help my growth in the long run, and this show can certainly help me being cheerful and positive.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP