Music Review - Timbaland Presents Shock Value

>> Friday, May 04, 2007

Lately I have bought a few CDs, Tori Amos just came out with "American Doll Posse", Brazilian Bossa Nova Diva Bebel Gilberto put out "Momento", One of the best producers Timbaland released a collaboration album called "Shock Value" and Nelly Furtado just convinced me to get her "Loose" Album.

So let me tell you what I think about the one that shines the most first - "Timbaland Presents: Shock Value". Shock Value is a great demonstration of Timbaland's abilities to create good beats and fusing them into a wide variety of music genres; Jazz, R&B, Dance, Hip-Hop, Rap, Pop, Bollywood, Rock. He shows his real talent of being a hip-hop artist.

I'm especially impressed by his use of Nina Simone's "Sinnerman" in "Oh! Timbaland" and the Bollywood collaboration that is "Bombay". I have no idea who Keri Hilson is, but her voice is stunning. Out of the 17 songs in the album, she contributed in 3 of them and those are all very nice. I generally liked the album in whole, big "B+", but if I need to recommend individual songs, they would be: "Kill Yourself", "Bombay", "Apologize", "Miscommunication", "The Way I Are", "Time", and "Oh, Timbaland!".

Congrats, Timbo... It's a winner!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP