Fueling My Addiction

>> Thursday, May 24, 2007

Since I watch so much TV, the thought of getting a new HDTV becomes very pleasant. A Thin, slick, high-tech looking wide machine sitting on top of my entertainment system sounds very cool. God knows the crummy walls in my apartment will break down by the sheer weight of the TV, I don't care if the wall breaks but I really don't want the TV to go with it.

I really don't have a clue on what's good and what's not, so I browsed online to see if they have any info and reviews on these TV. They did explained what's the difference from LCD to Plasma, but their reviews don't seem objective or recent enough for me. The No. 1 recommended products on those lists are from some crummy brand that nobody has ever heard of before and it only exist on one list. Why is it No. 1 on your list but not even recognized in another list? Shouldn't it be generally recognized as good? I think they must have been paid off for saying that.

I found this consumer guide at Borders with similar problems, but the No. 2 is from Sony, It's a Bravia KDL-40XBR2 I believe. I've always trusted Sony products and it's 40 because it's 40 inches diagonally. That's would be so sweet to have one.

Well, I went out to dinner with Principe and told him that I want a new TV, in which he replied that there's nothing wrong with the one we are using right now. I think he's right, but I have had this one for the past 9 years. I know that even we have a new TV we won't be able to use it to its full potential because the neighbor would just complaint if we turn it on too loud and our square footage is not an environment where we need a big TV, but still... It would kick so much ass to play videogame on a big screen and watching movies would be awesome.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP