>> Saturday, May 30, 2009
Today's Meme is brought to you by Greg at A Life in the Day. I'm changing the rules here a little bit like the other movie meme, you need to:
- Bold the movie if you’ve seen it.
- Put asterisks next to the movies you’ve seen and really liked.
- If you saw a film and hated it, cross it out.
The problem is that I've seen a lot of gay films a while ago and I'm not quite remembering whether I liked them or not and I don't think there are any gay films I dislike anyhow. Let's try it anyway.
1. Brokeback Mountain (2005)* - Not too strongly liking it but I do like handsome Heath Ledger.
2. Beautiful Thing (1996)* - All time favorite movie. It's just so sweet, I also went to watch the play. I just love it.
3. Shelter (2007)* - I also love this movie, another sweet gay story.
4. Latter Days (2003)* - I liked it. Not strongly due to its depressing religious content.
5. Maurice (1987) - Don't remember much of it.
6. Trick (1999)* - It's cute and sweet.
7. Get Real (1998) - I remember liking it, but I'm not too sure now.
8. Big Eden (2000) - I've seen it but I don't remember anything about it.
9. The Broken Hearts Club: A Romantic Comedy (2000)* - Dreamy Dean Cain...
10. The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994)* - Fabulous and liberating
11. Longtime Companion (1990)
12. Torch Song Trilogy (1988)
13. My Beautiful Laundrette (1985)
14. Parting Glances (1986)
15. Just a Question of Love (2000)
16. Mysterious Skin (2004)* - Great film, loved it.
17. Summer Storm (2004)
18. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)* - Cult Classic
19. The Birdcage (1996)
20. Sordid Lives (2000) - Don't think I've seen this but it looks like it's something that I'd enjoy.
21. Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001)* - Love it.
22. Shortbus (2006) - This one I'd like to see.
23. All Over The Guy (2001)
24. Another Gay Movie (2006)
25. Boys in the Band (1970)
26. Philadelphia (1993)
27. To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar (1995)* - Cute
28. Boy Culture (2006)
29. The Wedding Banquet (1993)* - Love... I think it's my first gay film ever.
30. C.R.A.Z.Y. (2005)
31. My Own Private Idaho (1991)
32. Jeffery (1995)
33. The Trip (2002)
34. Edge of Seventeen (1998)
35. Priest (1994)
36. In & Out (1997)
37. Eating Out (2004)
38. Velvet Goldmine (1998)
39. Angels in America (2003) - A bit too complicated for me to get.
40. Love! Valor! Compassion (1997)
41. The Sum of Us (1994)
42. Burnt Money (2000)
43. Transamerica (2005)
44. Victor Victoria (1982)
45. Bent (1997)
46. Yossi & Jagger (2002) - I've heard great things.
47. Bad Education (2004)
48. Gods & Monsters (1998)
49. Making Love (1992)
50. Rent (2005)
I think the list is based on AfterElton's 50 greatest gay movies, so there's really nothing to hate. But I think if I were to choose the films I'd find some ways to include Threesome, Billy's Hollywood Screenkiss, Grande Ecole and some others.
Anyway, have a great weekend!