Weekend Meme: Meme-ology

>> Saturday, May 09, 2009

Today's meme is again brought to you by Kapgar, it's nice to find another bank of memes that I can draw from for this weekly segment. It looks like an interesting enough meme to play with, so let's do this!

Grub-ology:

• What is your salad dressing of choice?
My favorite is Italian, but I also like Blue Cheese and Ranch. They are kinda low carb friendly. At a local French restaurant, they have a very good dressing but I cannot figure out what's in it. I wish I was better at making salad and salad dressing.

• What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
Somehow I feel the need to look at the definition of fast food restaurant. In Hong Kong, I was a big fan of Cafe de Coral, Fairwood and Yoshinoya that serve Asian fast food. Over here, I like McDonalds and Church's Chicken. Even though I haven't had any fast food in a while. I guess my neighborhood pizza/hoagie/burger joints are always good and the food court at Mitsuwa is superb.

• What is your favorite sit down restaurant?
I'm thinking sushi at Sagami or Jones around my house. I always have a good time at Jones. Chain restaurant-wise, how about Maggiano's? It's like a much better Olive Garden.

• On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant?
Usually 15% to the nearest dollar. 18%-21% to the nearest dollar if the service is good.

• What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of?
I think I was asked this question not long ago. Any kind of noodles will make me happy, like pad thai or pho, or seafood linguine.

• Name three foods you detest above all others.
Dried oysters, sea urchins... maybe kombucha.

• What is your favorite dish to order in a Chinese restaurant?
Traditional Chinese restaurants, it would be crab meat on pea shoots. For American restaurants, it's shrimps in lobster sauce. They almost taste the same.

• What are your pizza toppings of choice?
Don't judge but I like pineapple, sausage and onions on mine. But normally a good mushroom pizza would do. In Philly, we have a gourmet pizza restaurant called Mama Palma that do an irresistible seafood pizza that's excellent as well.

• What do you like to put on your toast?
Butter primarily. Having lived in Hong Kong, we like to put condensed milk and butter on toast as well. And having lived in Paris, I've learned to use butter toast to dip in egg yolks.

• What is your favorite type of gum?
Does bubble gum counts? I'm a little allergic to sorbitol, so I try not to chew gum. Bubblicious used to have a strawberry banana flavor that is superb.


Techn-ology:

• Number of contacts in your cell phone?
Ever since I'm unemployed and I killed my cell phone, my number of contacts had dwindled down to 28. Ugh... I do remember some important numbers and I have a phone book. And I imagine if the person is important enough to me, I will get a call from them sometimes.

• Number of contacts in your e-mail address book?
229. I wonder how many of them I do write to...

• What is your wallpaper on your computer?
I use Webshots for my wallpaper. Right now it's a house between two giant rocks in Brittany, France but I think it's time to change it up a bit. How about a bunny rabbit? lol.

• What is your screensaver on your computer?
No screensavers at the moment. Haven't used one for a while, but I'm pretty good with turning it off when I'm not using it.

• Are there naked pictures saved on your computer?
Would you believe me if I say I don't have any? Of course I do. :)

• How many land line phones do you have in your house?
None. I only use my cell phone. Make no sense of paying a monthly fee for things I don't need.

• How many televisions are in your house?
One. It's on most of the time.

• What kitchen appliance do you use the least?
The broiler. I'm terrified of that thing.

• What is the format of the radio station you listen to the most?
I have no use of radios no more. I do listen to some podcasts, the funny talk show ones.

• How many sex toys do you own that require batteries?
Two. lol.

Bi-ology:

• What do you consider to be your best physical attribute?
Hmm... I think it's my calves but one just caused my Achilles Tendinitis, so maybe I'm not so fond of them right now.

• Are you right handed or left handed?
Right-handed.

• Do you like your smile?
I think everyone looks better when they smile, so I do.

• Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
Yes, I had a growth on my back. And one other part that most guys had removed either willingly or not.

• Would you like to?
Well, I'm always up for so liposuction. :)

• Do you prefer to read when you go to the bathroom?
No, I don't linger in the bathroom too long if I don't have to.

• Which of your five senses do you think is keenest?
My hearing, I guess. Although I have a bad habit of anticipating what other people might say as words are coming out of their mouths and if it's different than what I expect, I'd get confused.

• When was the last time you had a cavity?
About 12 years ago. Whenever I go to a dentist, they always says I have good teeth, but I could be having a cavity now, I don't know.

• What is the heaviest item you lift regularly?
Regularly? I guess groceries.

• Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
Nope. I don't think so.


Misc-ology:

• If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
I don't see why not.

• If you could change your first name, what would you change it to?
I'll use my middle name Yves instead.

• How do you express your artistic side?
I sing, paint and write.

• What color do you think you look best in?
Hmmm... I like the color blue, but any color other than yellow and light green should work.

• How long do you think you could last in a medium security prison?
How long I can last? Do they have computers? How's the food? I might just be able to last quite long.

• Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake?
Is gum a food item? I'm sure I had.

• If we weren’t bound by society’s conventions, do you have a relative you would make a pass at?
Nah, sorry but I'm not quite interest in members of my own race.

• How often do you go to church?
Not often at all, not even once a year. But I like to go visit some churches as a tourist. SF's grace cathedral has some work of Keith Haring that I go look at every now and then.

• Have you ever saved someone’s life?
Nope, can't say I have.

• Has someone ever saved yours?
Nope, knock on wood there's no need for that yet.


Dare-ology: (For this last section, if you would do it for less or more money, indicate how much.)

• Would you walk naked for a half mile down a public street for $100,000?
Oh definitely, I'd even do that for $50K.

• Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100?
Well since this is done for straight people, I'll answer it in two ways. I'll kiss a guy or a girl for $50 or less. I have no qualms kissing a girl.

• Would you have sex with a member of the same sex for $10,000?
I'd have sex with a guy for $1,000, probably $5,000 for girls. Sorry.

• Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000?
Sure, it's a good price.

• Would you never blog again for $50,000?
Well, there are other ways to do this other than blogging. But $50K might not be enough, maybe $100K for a lifetime commitment.

• Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000?
Yeah, but who'd want to see it? lol.

• Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
How big a bottle? I don't think I'd do that either way. Maybe for $10,000 for a small Tabisco bottle. Maybe.

• Would you, without fear of punishment, take a human life for $1,000,000?
Depends if the guy deserved it. If he does, I'll do it for $500K. If he doesn't, I don't think I'll do it for whatever price.

• Would you shave your head and get your entire body waxed for $5,000?
I've shaved my head before, so that's no big deal. I don't mind to shave my body, but waxing is different. I don't think I'd like it that much. How about $20K?

• Would you give up watching television for a year for $25,000?
Oh, hell no. Unless I have a large amount of money to change my life completely and occupy myself with other hobbies. That and some incentive for me to not watch TV at all would require about $500K. Same amount for me to kill someone who deserves to die.

Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP