Weekend Meme: Fear & Courage Meme

>> Saturday, May 02, 2009



Traveling upstream, I got this Meme from Kapgar. I've just learned to secure some meme sources so I can keep this weekend meme thing going. Today's Meme has all to do with fears, challenges and courage. I remember my protestant primary school called Good Shepherd in HK separate their students in every grade in two classes. Love and courage; both hard to get. The principle end up killing his secretary and chopped her into pieces for some monetary arguments. I guess there wasn't much love and he wasn't such a good shepherd after all. But does killing qualify as courage? hmm...

1. What were you afraid of as a child?
Shadows and ghosts. Both Japanese vampire movies and Exorcist-induced.

2. When have you been most courageous?
As cliche as it is, I think it's to let go and love even though sometimes I end up all scrappy. Guess I wasn't very courageous otherwise.

3. What sound most disturbs you?
Voice of screaming ladies. Plenty of that on the street here in Philly.

4. What is the greatest amount of physical pain you’ve been in?
Burned my finger when I stuck it in boiling sugar; 3rd degree burn, very inadvisable.

5. What’s your biggest fear for your children? (or children in general if you don’t have some of your own.)
Being bullied or doing something irreversible, like killing a classmate with a gun. I don't plan on owning a gun.

6. What is the hardest physical challenge you’ve achieved?

I guess it's one of the fund raising walks I've attended, we walked for 4 hours that day but I don't remember the exact distance.

7. Which do you prefer: Mountains or oceans/big water?
Oceans/big water, always.

8. What is the one thing you do for yourself that helps you keep everything together?
By thinking a lot and making lists.

9. Ever had a close relative or friend with cancer?
My mom passed away from cervical cancer.

10. What are the things your friends count on you for?
Somehow I have established a reputation of being able to cook and bake, so some friends know that they can count on me to cook for parties and stuff.

11. What is the best part of being in a committed relationship?
Knowing that there's somebody you can count on for support.

12. What is the hardest part of being in a committed relationship?
To actually find someone and establish trust.

13. Summer or Winter? Why?
Winter. I can wear more clothes if I'm cold in winter but there's a limit to the number of clothes I can take off in Summer. Plus, I'm sweaty, sticky and uncomfortable and there are more germs in the heat.

14. Have you ever been in a school-yard fight? Why and what happened?
Of course, I was. I couldn't get along with a lot of folks first when I moved around. But later all on in life, my friends just chase people around for beat downs for fun.

15. Why blog?
Sometimes to record amusing things and observations, and other times I just need to rant and vent.

16. Did you learn about sex, and/or sex safety from your parents?
Oh no, are you kidding? Sex is so taboo is Chinese culture, my family doesn't talk about sex at all.

17. How do you plan to talk to your kids about sex and/or sex safety?
You mean if I'd ever have one? Well, the chance of me getting kids is lower and lower, so I doubt that I'd ever get the chance. But I'm sure TV and movies will presents tons of opportunities for the talk. It could be traumatizing to use puppets.

18. What are you most thankful for this year?
To have someone to obsess about is pretty sweet. :)

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP