Movie Month: May and June 2009

>> Friday, May 15, 2009

After seeing some magnificent previews and movie posters, I've swiftly made some decisions on which movies I will watch and which movies I won't watch in the remaining month of May and June, I thought I'd share some thoughts here:

'Yes' Movies:

Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus (May 19)



This clip had been passing around the Interweb lately, I thought it was a hoax at first because it's about the same time the horror that is My Little Pony got passed around and after watching the preview, I thought the cheese factor was so high that it is too good to be true. Alas, it turns out to be a real movie that is coming straight to DVD. I wonder how good it actually is, it looks bad enough that might turns out to be an instant cult classic. It might probably be disappointing though, but it should be worth a rental.


Up (May 29)



A cranky old man hooked his house in balloon in hope to flew away. I tend to shy away from pixar movies but I kinda like Ratatouille last time I saw it on Encore and this one looks like a cute story. The boyfriend likes 3D movies and this is one, so I'm sure we'll go see it sometimes. Is that boy scout supposed to be Asian?


Food Inc. (June 12)



I guess it could be insane for me to watch this movie since it could potentially make me swore off certain foods for a while but I am interested to find out how food is being produced. Since I'm completely ignorant on the subject, I do want to learn about consumerism and why we need 6 different brand of dried pasta and 120 different kinds of yogurt in the same fridge at the grocery store. Could be interesting.


'No' Movies:

Angels & Demons (Today)



I don't see Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon and the last movie feels rush and not very sound. And even though I don't mind seeing the movie, I much rather read the book before I see it.


Terminator Salvation (May 21)


What don't you fucking understand?

I'm sorry but that roid rage freak out episode had put me off Christian Bale and I lack the enthusiasm to see him. While I'd still be a Batman fan and watch it if there's another installment, I'm not really persuaded with Terminator. Also, I just watched Star Trek (good timing!) so I'm not really into another futuristic flick with a time travel theme. Unless... they are satirical enough to include Christian Bale's Bale Out (RevoLucian Remix) in their soundtrack and score, then maybe I'll rent the DVD.


Night At The Museum: Battle of the Smithsonians (May 22)



This series is obviously a kid flick, I might see it if it's in 3-D but it's another brainless good fun type that I can wait for DVD.


Other than that Drag Me To Hell looks a bit too scary. The Proposal with Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock looks like another formulated trashy chick flick. Transformers 2 could be good, or not... And beyond June, there's Ice Age: Dawn of The Dinosaurs, Bruno and Harry Potter 6. QFest (formerly known as The Philadelphia International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival) is also on its way and I'm going to see Outrage tonight, so I'm expecting a lot of cinematic experiences in the coming months.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP